Mjolnir

Show your Shop

32 minutes ago, nstarleather said:

Come by anytime.

Yes had to have it made up Le FARC does nice leathers at a decent price if you’re willing to do 3,000+ feet.

EECH OUCH OOOOCH!!!

Wow! This thread just surpassed the Topic in views! ... in three months. I never get tired of seeing the spaces, and I know for a fact there are a lot more to be seen. Who cares if its neat and tiddy!? The mess is the best, it becomes a find the cool stuff game.

I sent Johanna an email awhile back about pinning this thread. While I don't think it'll go away anytime soon, I think this is less a thread and more of a topic and I hope it sticks.

1 hour ago, Sheilajeanne said:

What a shame you are so far away! I am sure many of the people on this board would love to have some of that leather! :(

I know... I’d love to buy loads of it and sell it on at a good price to others but I don’t have the storage (or cash). The other thing is, it’s all chrome tanned, it’s beautiful leather but I have to paint all the exposed edges.

WOW !!!!   You can add me to that list  Sheilajeanne .  I'm in Australia , and  I wish I could just " pop in "  and grab a few dozen hides . (Theres something to be said about the transporters from Star Trek )  I'm sure I can make space. ( pardon the pun ) 

I could easily use that leather for a wide variety of projects........me and just about every  other user on here ha :)  The purple looks striking. 

HS 

What NSTAR said... but of course now we're addicted to the topic.

Just a great topic.. One of the best I have seen on here.  There is so much to be gained from seeing each others workspaces and the ideas generated by that.

Thanks again @Mjolnir

Ross

21 hours ago, Rossr said:

Just a great topic.. One of the best I have seen on here.  There is so much to be gained from seeing each others workspaces and the ideas generated by that.

Thanks again @Mjolnir

Ross

Yep, I have been semi motivated to change it all up. I gathered some cabinets from a demo. They are almost ready to install. That will make the wife happy, since they have been in the dining room for a month. I also have plans for a spray booth thanks to an unexpected gift from @Mattsbagger.

30 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Yep, I have been semi motivated to change it all up

Same here, I have been motivated to get some things sorted. Mostly moving out the rubbish so I can actually see my workshop, and set up an area where I can actually work.

New addition to my work area from @Gregg From Keystone Sewing a 1541s with a speed reducer. I found a laser on ebay for $18 and had to make a mount, it turned out to work out great.  I just set the laser to what ever line I scribe or right onto the needle.  Next machine I am going to get a bell skiver and an electric edge creaser.  I can't stop buying tools I have an addiction to getting new things.

20180302_221355_resized (1).jpg

I love the laser! Can we get a close up of your installation?

20 hours ago, AdamPCain said:

New addition to my work area from @Gregg From Keystone Sewing a 1541s with a speed reducer. I found a laser on ebay for $18 and had to make a mount, it turned out to work out great.  I just set the laser to what ever line I scribe or right onto the needle.  Next machine I am going to get a bell skiver and an electric edge creaser.  I can't stop buying tools I have an addiction to getting new things.

20180302_221355_resized (1).jpg

Thanks for sharing, let me know how it's going with the new Juki.  Post projects here as well.  

8 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I love the laser! Can we get a close up of your installation?

20180303_131218_resized (1).jpg

thanks! Nice setup.

@AdamPCain what is the clamp called, or where does one find one like it? I use a laser to align certain cuts in my wood shop. This is just a great idea for the sewing machine. Thank you for sharing.    

1 hour ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

@AdamPCain what is the clamp called, or where does one find one like it? I use a laser to align certain cuts in my wood shop. This is just a great idea for the sewing machine. Thank you for sharing.    

I'm not @AdamPCain, but it looks like a security camera mount. We have some similar to this in our warehouse.

2 hours ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

The clamp came with the laser I just had to modify it and use a small L-bracket instead of the big round base it came with. You can find some really good adjustable clamps that are meant for gopros or other types of camera gear at BH Photo.

40 minutes ago, nstarleather said:

A little messy...I know.

IMG_0398 (1).jpg

Now I just want to come up there and roll around in it.:blink:

1 hour ago, nstarleather said:

This is why it's always hard to justify buying more.

I understand.

5 hours ago, nstarleather said:

A little messy...I know.

IMG_0398 (1).jpg

Wow! That’s a great warehouse.

Do you have a favorite type of leather? How many people work there?

59 minutes ago, nstarleather said:

17 total though two work at home...and some are part time.  4 are family.

I can’t claim a favorite, if really depends on what I’m making.

I still see more space....seems ot me you can still buy more!   Thanks for sharing that is great!

Makes me want to wander around and feel and sniff for a couple hours!  :whistle:

5 hours ago, nstarleather said:

Is t showing off if I let everybody know that that’s warehouse #1 of 2 and the picture is taken from the upstairs?

Still Great! If you have it... Flaunt it!

So, What is you main business? Are you a distributor of leather or a manufacturer of leather goods?

14 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Where is the emojie with a dripping salivating mouth????:P

19 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

I'm totally with you, Bikermutt!!   I get this vision of a leather workers version of Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory diving into the ball pit at Chucky Cheese ... Popping up and yelling "BAZINGA!".   

- Bill