Mjolnir

Show your Shop

36 minutes ago, leathersmyth said:

This is the one, on top of is a 24" square maple pounding block as well.   I have half doz of those 24 inch maple blocks, they are 8 " thick, maple stock....

image1.JPG

And another honey of a machine to the right of that big maple block. . . Pearson #6?  Really like that solid old table too! And the rounder, and the knives. What's that machine in the upper left hand corner, partially out of sight?  And the one to the left of that?:-)

49 minutes ago, leathersmyth said:

This is the one, on top of is a 24" square maple pounding block as well.   I have half doz of those 24 inch maple blocks, they are 8 " thick, maple stock....

image1.JPG

Nice old looking rein rounder... and what stitcher (?) is sneaking in on the right?

Ok no laughing... just got it set up a few weeks ago. :)

953056241181315216.jpg.8c0f5bc2406b529e8e8c0fdfaa7dba65.jpg

(jk you can laugh :lol:)

13 minutes ago, Rolandranch said:

Nothing to laugh at here.

Thats a great sewing machine!   Nice wooden toolbox in the background. Did you make it?

On December 17, 2017 at 1:40 PM, KingsCountyLeather said:

Mjolnir started this thread from a discussion on another thread, and what a great thread!:)

Its fantastic to see all the different workshops and spaces everyone has. And I have picked up some great ideas to add to my own workshop... Thank you :banana:

The work space I’m most impressed with so far was on the original thread before this one... and it’s by Joseph1836  I hope he doesn’t mind me posting his work shop here for him. It’s amazing what you can achieve with so little a work shop!

please keep posting your work spaces!:)

1D2888F2-66CB-4982-A4D0-DE4D750548DB.jpeg

F52FC148-9373-4ABD-9C89-BDA0B50496C2.jpeg

6A6DD430-A339-4EBB-B929-B27420ACB994.jpeg

OMG that's me , ye my shop is in a bag. We live were there is hurricanes , so I can grab it and go. 

3 minutes ago, Joseph1836 said:

OMG that's me , ye my shop is in a bag. We live were there is hurricanes , so I can grab it and go. 

Thank you for the site for your tools,  ranch2arena.com Still say you need to make an old school doctors bag for that set up!

1 hour ago, Rolandranch said:

I’m in envy at your workspace, complete with window at eye level.

nice.

2 hours ago, Rolandranch said:

That's a great little space. No room for a stitching clam next to the window though. Guess you will just have to suffer with that contraption while you look out the window.  

2 hours ago, Joseph1836 said:

Hi,

That is an impressive set of tools in such a small bag. Great idea. And I can see you’re well able to use them.

3 hours ago, Rolandranch said:

Nothing to laugh at here.... I am finding as I move to the larger space it is actually less efficient since things aren't at arms length...in fact I keep reaching to where they "were" in the small home  shop and there they are gone... I am still amazed how over time I slowly fit all kinds of stuff in that just seems to keep coming out... and yup LOVE your window!!!!... and hat.

9 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

You know... This topic has more than 4000 views! That’s great, But... There must be a few of you holding back on showing your work spaces?

We are not here to criticize at all. I for one love to see everyone’s work station no matter how small or untidy. I also am always looking for better, nicer tools and ideas to incorporate in my own space. 

From the selection of photos already poster you all can see that there is a wide range on work areas, So... post your photos! Be proud of your work areas, be proud of your work!  :rockon:

Here here I agree...more shop/workspace photos.   I mean if I did it come on people  you all can!

Really is great to see them and regardless everyones space can give others great ideas

Still loving all the different setups  Thanks folks

3 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Nice old looking rein rounder... and what stitcher (?) is sneaking in on the right?

How about the machine on the left too....someone is holding out on us there is a lot more shop here...pictures pictures

3 hours ago, Rolandranch said:

Thats a Gerstner wood tool chest.   Pretty stuff right there.  Nice looking space for sure.  You happen to get that tool chest off ebay a few weeks back?  There was one on there with a bunch of leather tools including like 31 kelly tool company stamps,  Ross

4 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Thanks, Picture of another one as well , It is a Pearson showing on edge of picture

image1 (1).JPG

image2.JPG

5 hours ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

And another honey of a machine to the right of that big maple block. . . Pearson #6?  Really like that solid old table too! And the rounder, and the knives. What's that machine in the upper left hand corner, partially out of sight?  And the one to the left of that?:-)

Thanks, Yes, a number 6 machine. The one to the left is a puritan macine

image3.JPG

image2.JPG

1 hour ago, leathersmyth said:

Thanks, Yes, a number 6 machine. The one to the left is a puritan macine

image3.JPG

And a Sight Feed Spotter and a Landis 3 and what looks like a bobbin winder for something.  I don't know anything about a Puritan machine. . . I know that some are chain stitch machines. . . tell us about yours.  Man, you've got some goodies!

7 hours ago, leathersmyth said:

image1.JPG

that pounding block is SWEET!!! I have got to find something like that

33 minutes ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

And a Sight Feed Spotter and a Landis 3 and what looks like a bobbin winder for something.  I don't know anything about a Puritan machine. . . I know that some are chain stitch machines. . . tell us about yours.  Man, you've got some goodies!

Ok I've got to step up and say, ' Please extrapolate on what the heck you are talkin' about for us newbies with a bench!'.  'Is that a burnheart 5 with a slanted jiggle or is it perhaps a sloop slitter six modified to make smores? Merry Christmas folks.

6 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Nothing to laugh at here.

Thats a great sewing machine!   Nice wooden toolbox in the background. Did you make it?

Thanks! No, I didn't make it. I got it as a gift from my dad. 

4 hours ago, Orangeleather said:

I’m in envy at your workspace, complete with window at eye level.

nice.

Thank you! Yeah, I like the window, too. :)

@bikermutt07 

I know. So far I've only done smaller stuff so it hasn't been a problem yet... If I need to do bigger stuff I have enough room to pull it out.

3 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Nothing to laugh at here.... I am finding as I move to the larger space it is actually less efficient since things aren't at arms length...in fact I keep reaching to where they "were" in the small home  shop and there they are gone... I am still amazed how over time I slowly fit all kinds of stuff in that just seems to keep coming out... and yup LOVE your window!!!!... and hat.

I know what you mean about the arms length. Pretty soon I want to upgrade to a stool with wheels. Thanks! I like my window and hat, too. :lol:

2 hours ago, Rossr said:

Thats a Gerstner wood tool chest.   Pretty stuff right there.  Nice looking space for sure.  You happen to get that tool chest off ebay a few weeks back?  There was one on there with a bunch of leather tools including like 31 kelly tool company stamps,  Ross

Thanks, Ross! Yeah, my dad got like five of those chests at Costco about a year ago I think. 

@Rolandranch  Upgrade that stool to wheels you wont regret it.  I have a stool on wheels and i find myself wheeling around all the time!  

R

12 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

Ok I've got to step up and say, ' Please extrapolate on what the heck you are talkin' about for us newbies with a bench!'.  'Is that a burnheart 5 with a slanted jiggle or is it perhaps a sloop slitter six modified to make smores? Merry Christmas folks.

Lol, sorry Mjolnir.  A Sight Feed spotter is an old single shot spotting machine from the early 1900's.  The name something or other "Smith" is cast on one side of the head, and "Sight Feed" on the other, but within the trade they are commonly known as as "Sight Feed" spotters.  A Landis 3 is a wonderful old needle and awl stitcher, patterned somewhat after the Campbell and Randall machines.  I can also see the wheel of what appears to be a hand bobbin winder for possible the Landis 3 or the Pearson #6.

1 hour ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Lol, sorry Mjolnir.  A Sight Feed spotter is an old single shot spotting machine from the early 1900's.  The name something or other "Smith" is cast on one side of the head, and "Sight Feed" on the other, but within the trade they are commonly known as as "Sight Feed" spotters.  A Landis 3 is a wonderful old needle and awl stitcher, patterned somewhat after the Campbell and Randall machines.  I can also see the wheel of what appears to be a hand bobbin winder for possible the Landis 3 or the Pearson #6.

Give the person a cigar.....  :)   Yes, there is a landis three, in the background, a spot machine, a landis three bobbin winder as well as a pearson bobbin winder. Puritan machines are chain stitch machines,have a couple..... I use them on some things i make...... The one has a three foot post on it. I can stitch deep things when i need..  Ie: golf bags, hat boxes...

Here is a 14 inch splitter that i have and thought i would show people.....

It is made by the Carver Cotton Gin company.  Splits leather Beautifully! The last Date stamp on it is 1877

image1 (2).JPG

image2 (1).JPG

image3 (1).JPG

Now, that is an amazing relic, right there! Thanks for sharing!

OK- I will share some pictures of my shop- 0ne of four

carving bench 12 17.jpg

Well, it looks like I need to resize some photos - more later

Long view-

Shop 12 24 17 long view.jpg