DrmCa

Looking for a professional/semi-industrial ironing board

Folks,

Does anyone have experience with ironing boards better than what can be found at department stores? I would like to make a Christmas present to my wife who does a lot of ironing for her dressmaking projects and and just wore out her current board (iron mesh started falling apart and legs are on the way out). What brand/model could you recommend?

Appreciate the input!

Personally, I would not dare buy ( nor dream of buying ) my wife an ironing board ( semi-pro , or not ) unless she said repeatedly that she wanted one.."practical" Xmas presents are what one buys for oneself, when thinking with your head.

But, that said, if you also buy something "non functional" to go with it, like flowers, or something that says something like my "sig" here..then ...

You might ( if you do buy her a "pro ironing board"..want to add to it, a "sleeve board" ( they are a small ironing board just for doing "sleeves" ) and a "tailor's ham"*, which is for ironing curves, like in princess seamed bodices etc ..

*these are actually fairly easy to make, but can be bought ready made..and are very very useful to anyone who makes ( female ) "shaped" clothing..

Edited by mikesc

Reliable Ironing Board

Got one a few years ago. I do a fair amount of sewing and that means a fair amount of pressing. Very sturdy board.

This one looks like consumer grade, is that correct?