On 10/18/2018 at 9:05 PM, shoepatcher said:

I bought the 669 in June at the Weaver auction.  It is an Eco version.  plain jane.  I have it set up but I am adding a pneumatic foot lift to it.  I own a Pfaff 335 and the 669 is way more powerful. longer arm, longer stitch and higher lift.   It is a next generation machine.     I have a 227 cowboy and neither it or the Pfaff 335  can touch the Adler.   It worth the extra money because of what it can do and what I wanted it to do.  I also have an Adler 205-370 with all the toys so I am covered in what I want to sew.

Hey, can u confirm how thick in ounces the 669 will sew?

It has 20mm lift.  I would say 3/8" at least.  Depends on the hardness of the leather.  I use round point needles.  1/2" possibly.  My suggestion is  if you are in the States, send a leather sample to Weaver  Leather Attention Allen Burkholder and have them sew the sample on a machine.  They have them set up to sew leather.  I do not.

glenn

1 hour ago, shoepatcher said:

It has 20mm lift.  I would say 3/8" at least.  Depends on the hardness of the leather.  I use round point needles.  1/2" possibly.  My suggestion is  if you are in the States, send a leather sample to Weaver  Leather Attention Allen Burkholder and have them sew the sample on a machine.  They have them set up to sew leather.  I do not.

glenn

Thanks very much! 

4 minutes ago, R8R said:

Hmm...

6692.jpg

Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I’m super jelly!!! 

Get it all unloaded and setup and tell me whatcha think. It’s still on my list of “to get”s... 

The Adler 669 Eco comes with a knee lift.  However, they sell a kit to convert it to a foot lift.  I now have air lift on my 669 but kept the knee lift pedal to use if the air compressor is not charged.  I love it.  This machine does not have the ability to use a synchronizer.  It is because of the way the end of the shaft is designed.  I am going to have a bracket made out of aluminum to mount the synchronizer on.  I strongly recommend the machine to anyone looking for the narrow cylinder arm.   No other company to my knowledge makes a new generation machine like this today.  It is the only one of its kind in this class.

glenn

On 1/26/2019 at 4:52 AM, shoepatcher said:

The Adler 669 Eco comes with a knee lift.  However, they sell a kit to convert it to a foot lift.  I now have air lift on my 669 but kept the knee lift pedal to use if the air compressor is not charged.  I love it.  This machine does not have the ability to use a synchronizer.  It is because of the way the end of the shaft is designed.  I am going to have a bracket made out of aluminum to mount the synchronizer on.  I strongly recommend the machine to anyone looking for the narrow cylinder arm.   No other company to my knowledge makes a new generation machine like this today.  It is the only one of its kind in this class.

glenn

Well so far it looks like I just need a "plug" to go into the end of the shaft for the synchro to bolt on to. It's a weird design that there is no way to screw a standard synchro on there. These are designed to take a mounted sensor behind the main pulley (for Efka servo motor controllers)

I can probably just wrap the end of a standard synchro stud with tape and jam it in there. Synchros don't need much to hold on, they don't bear any load really. I might visit the local machinist and have something turned for it out of nylon or delrin. Maybe a handlebar plug?

In the mean time I am waiting on some back ordered parts that didn't ship with the machine (a motor mount and some other stuff). Once I get it all bolted up in the next week or two I'll post up some pics and a little review. It will have a binder package installed and the motor is a nice Seiko HVP-70 servo I picked up on eBay, which will bolt directly to the back of the machine.

I'm keeping it knee lift for now.

keep me posted.  I am having the bracket made end of next month.  I can send you the specs at that time.

glenn

Things are getting interesting.

Ever notice no matter how many v-belts you have, they are too short or too long.

ALWAYS.

IMG_20190208_165132_640.jpg

oh yeah.  been there.

glenn

Btw the synchro adapter is DA part number 0667 105100. $20 part.

It's also spec for the 867 but it fits in the 669. However, there is no access to a set screw for it, so just wrapped some tape on it and it's pressed in there. Seems fine.

Once I get this whole thing together I'll make a big post about the setup. Leaving town Monday so it might not be for another week or so.

20190208_165701.jpg

On 2/9/2019 at 12:01 PM, R8R said:

Btw the synchro adapter is DA part number 0667 105100. $20 part.

It's also spec for the 867 but it fits in the 669. However, there is no access to a set screw for it, so just wrapped some tape on it and it's pressed in there. Seems fine.

Once I get this whole thing together I'll make a big post about the setup. Leaving town Monday so it might not be for another week or so.

20190208_165701.jpg

Just checking in on this... How's it going with this machine?? Made anything with it yet? What do u think of it so far?

Synchronizer  plug installed.  Synchronizer installed and working fine.

glenn

On 1/26/2019 at 4:52 AM, shoepatcher said:

The Adler 669 Eco comes with a knee lift.  However, they sell a kit to convert it to a foot lift.  I now have air lift on my 669 but kept the knee lift pedal to use if the air compressor is not charged.  I love it....

glenn

Hello, Glenn, I was wondering if i could ask about the kit you mention to convert the 669 from knee lift to foot lift. My dealer is unaware of this kit/part, and I'm trying to get a 24v electric foot lift to work on this machine, and the easiest way would be to have this kit. Any chance you have a party number? 

The chain would really simplify things, otherwise the cylinder just doesn't have enough travel, pulling sideways from underneath the machine on the attachment rod. It's like 2" travel at that point.

Would you be able to snap a photo of your air lift setup? I would install the same if i can see how, or perhaps i could see how otherwise to integrate the 24v solenoid.

Much thanks if you are able to shed some light on this for me! 

Edited by Boldly

On 2/9/2019 at 9:01 AM, R8R said:

Once I get this whole thing together I'll make a big post about the setup. 

20190208_165701.jpg

Any chance you'll be making that Thread about your 669 setup? I know I'd be very interested! And it would be quite helpful.

ok   You need a stud  to fit into the end of the 669 balance wheel.   Weaver Leather makes this stud if you need to mount a synchronizer on the machine.  No part number for the stud.

If you want an air lift, the part number for the cylinder and attachment screw is #0667 135204.  The manual  foot lift kit is Adler part # 0367 595124.  These parts come from Adler.   I put an air cylinder kit on the treadle pedal which allowed me to have air lift on the treadle if my compressor is on.  If not, I use the manual knee lift.  I have both on my machine.  Nice.  Get me an email and I will make a video to send you.

glenn

On 5/11/2021 at 10:46 AM, shoepatcher said:

ok   You need a stud  to fit into the end of the 669 balance wheel.   Weaver Leather makes this stud if you need to mount a synchronizer on the machine.  No part number for the stud.

If you want an air lift, the part number for the cylinder and attachment screw is #0667 135204.  The manual  foot lift kit is Adler part # 0367 595124.  These parts come from Adler.   I put an air cylinder kit on the treadle pedal which allowed me to have air lift on the treadle if my compressor is on.  If not, I use the manual knee lift.  I have both on my machine.  Nice.  Get me an email and I will make a video to send you.

glenn

Thank you very much, Glenn! That's extremely helpful. I was able to find the assemblies for the part numbers you've listed. It's easy to see how the manual foot lift kit installs and works, but I am scratching my head on the 0667 135204 air cylinder and attachment screw. Are you able to describe where this connects to on the machine? I'm guessing it's not attached to the knee lift area, but attaches elsewhere on the machine?

I'd hoped to go electric on the presser foot lift, but I'm happy to use air if that gets the job done in a simple and straight-forward fashion. 

Again, much thanks for your assistance. A video would be very helpful. I will message you an email address. 

669.foot.lift.JPG

To add some useful info to this 669 thread, for those who come along later, the part number to attach the motor directly to the 669 is 0659 490010.

Attached here is a 669 Parts List. To reduce the file size I've had to limit its compatibility to Adobe Acrobat 10 and later. 

DA_669_PARTS_LIST_FOR_ADOBE_ACROBAT_10.pdf

I took off the back cover of the 669 and I believe I can see where the 0667 135204 air cylinder will attach. I've provided a photo and diagram here  showing where it bolts to the machine and where the ring clip will be attached.

I will order the parts tonight. I'm not entirely sure how best to run the air hose inside the machine, but I'm sure I'll figure that part out. 

I'm going to try and figure out if there is a set screw for the synchronizer "bolt" (part number 0667 105100), rather than press fitting it with tape. Maybe I'll 3d print a socket to remove the machines flywheel.

Thanks again, Glenn.

669.01.JPG

PXL_20210514_003936114.jpg

The air  foot lift is on treadle  pedal value I ordered from Universal Supply in St.Louis.  It makes the treadle into an air powered foot lift by healing back.  The regular foot lift you do not need with this set up.

send an email that  i can send video to

glenn