plinkercases

Yangtools

How interesting to read on the posting matters.... gave me a wee laugh.  Germany is no different folks.

I ordered something from Kempten, Germany, about 20min north of me.  It was mailed, if I recall on the Monday.  I was sent an email with the tracking number.  A few hours after the email was sent, I looked at the DHL website to see where it was.  It traveled 70km north of Kempten.  Had a wee nighttime pause, then made the 90km trip south to me - the same bloody day!  Aye, I did have it the day after it was posted, but FFS, why did it need to travel north, just to come back south?

One might think the postal service here is still run by the government.... disorganised and senseless! :crazy: :lol:

I got some tools from Yang, all interaction was thru their instagram account, i heard before that he wasn't really responsive and when I contacted him didn't had great expectations. However he was quick to reply, he doesnt have a list of tools and prices so we went back/forth with some pictures to agree on what i wanted and the price.

I got some that are similar in style to Doldokki, after i sent the payment w Paypal i got a shipping notification within two days and had the tools a few days after.

Quality is similar to Doldokki, albeit the flat awl is heavier than the doldokki one, the ones i got are dark in an ebony type wood, nothing to complain about 

On 4/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, tsunkasapa said:

Plain and simple, if I mail an invitation to the neighbor I can SEE from my window, it goes 200 miles east to Spokane, back to Ellensburg, and then gets delivered. WHAT is efficient about that? The USPS needs to GO AWAY!!! Either that or be  COMPLETELY restructured. 

i wont go farther it seems they have been restructured and not in a good way. 

Edited by chuck123wapati

Howdy all, it’s all about the money when it comes to the USPS and somehow The post office has hired on most of the slackers and they are allowed to breed at will, making more slackers and Bidenites. The Cowboy 4500 was/ has a lower cost if you can find some dealer having a sale, if I see one I’ll give ya a shout

PS  I have a 4500, I’m glad that it came with a price tag that was under $3000. 5 years ago I purchased one from cowboy Bob. In those past 5 years I have added the larger table, the smaller table, a drop down guide, various sized needles and thread. I changed out the flywheel Chinese bearings to better USA made bearings, and an LED light. With this new Dr rsmaller needle hole I should be able to do a-n-y-t-h-I-n-g I want.

just don’t ask me to sew anything double knit, that process was made by demons

On 4/9/2021 at 5:56 PM, tsunkasapa said:

Plain and simple, if I mail an invitation to the neighbor I can SEE from my window, it goes 200 miles east to Spokane, back to Ellensburg, and then gets delivered. WHAT is efficient about that? The USPS needs to GO AWAY!!! Either that or be  COMPLETELY restructured. 

Ok so it's an older post, but has been revived here.  I think maybe you forgot the Anthrax scare we had when 'Lil Bush was in office?   All the mail has to go to a central processing and through detectors.   They don't have that kind of machinery at your local one employee Post Office.  

1 hour ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

Ok so it's an older post, but has been revived here.  I think maybe you forgot the Anthrax scare we had when 'Lil Bush was in office?   All the mail has to go to a central processing and through detectors.   They don't have that kind of machinery at your local one employee Post Office.  

PFFFT just a damn excuse. anthrax has nothing to do with it, never did.

Edited by tsunkasapa

23 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

PFFFT just a damn excuse. anthrax has nothing to do with it, never did.

Ah, I also forgot to mention....The USPS is photographing all of the mail now.  The letter you sent to your neighbor not only has to go through detectors, but now has to be photographed. (Another operation they can't do at your local PO).  Somewhere in some dark electronic storage device is a picture of your letter addressed to Joe Smith on Apple Tree Lane, Somewhere. WA.    

Somehow I have a feeling our everyday life wont go back to how it was in 1921.....At least if I spent some time playing with my old rusty leather machinery I can delude myself on occasion into thinking it is 1921....

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

Its just like airlines, using hubs is far cheaper than going direct when there are not enough customers. filling a lorry with a few pickups along the route means that the lorry carries hundreds if not thousands of items meaning the average cost per packet is peanuts and staffing at the hub is automated with expensive machines and low staff numbers