I have made a few rifle cuffs and everyone slides back and forth. I usually just attach them with paracord or boot laces. I am think a small piece of double side tape to keep it from sliding. My concern is will the tape cause damage to the wood stock? Thoughts on this?

Made a cheek riser for my Dad's rifle, lined with Elk hide.  To stop the sliding he used the hook side of velcro, sticking it to the stock.  Keeps it all in place well.  If taken off the adhesive should clean up well with a bit of alcohol and rubbing.

Go to the hardware store and buy a small piece of rubber drawer liner.  Glue/stitch it to the back of the cuff.  That along with your lacing should hold things in place. Won't mar/damage finish on the stock.

Thinking out loud here, but what about some rubber cement on the back side and let it dry.  Wonder what the cons would be with that.  Good call about the drawer lining, though. 

Thinkin' rubber cement wouldn't work, because to form the bond, it needs to be on a somewhat porous surface, and to get that, you'd have to rough to stock -- thereby defeating the purpose, Right?

why not add a small strap around the backside of the stock to hold it in place? Use something lightweight like 2/3oz and wouldn't be felt on the shoulder when firing

6 hours ago, cowboycolonel said:

Thinkin' rubber cement wouldn't work, because to form the bond, it needs to be on a somewhat porous surface, and to get that, you'd have to rough to stock -- thereby defeating the purpose, Right?

You’re probably right

4 hours ago, Halitech said:

why not add a small strap around the backside of the stock to hold it in place? Use something lightweight like 2/3oz and wouldn't be felt on the shoulder when firing

I've seen them like that before, it looks pretty good. I like to make the lacing right over the top of the stud for the sling, I'll get a picture put up as soon as the camera is charged enough

Pin it in place with a hole for the sling swivel stud to go though....it won't move forward or back

I'm talking more like this. The lacing should keep it from moving back and the strap keeps it from moving forward. My image is showing a gap but that's because it's on a broken stock that's missing the pad.

IMG_20171025_100836a.jpg