Cmartin1336

Luberto #9 and Old Leather Stamps for Sale

Selling a Luberto #9 that was found in an old storage container. Looks new/if ever used. Looking to get $2,500 for everything you see in the photos.

image0000001_01.jpg

image0000001.jpg

image0000001_02.jpg

image0000011.jpg

image0000021.jpg

image0000031.jpg

image0000041.jpg

image0000061.jpg

Decent enough deal for someone starting out and needing it.

According to his IP address:  Los Angeles, California, 90046

It would be very nice if members would include their location in their profile.

Tom

Could the lack of location info not be solved simply by making a field to that effect ( "location" ) mandatory when creating an account ?

PM'd

Can anyone tell from the pictures if this is the model that allows the needle/foot to move from side to side?  I have read that older models of the #9 did not have that function.  Also, I see the guide foot is not on the machine.  Best regards, Mike

Looks like mine. Fixed foot. It does look like the parts for the roller guide are there.

I read another post on leatherworker.net where someone had stated they contacted Luberto and was told that it would not be economical to upgrade a machine so that the feet can be moved from left to right so one may be stuck with a fixed foot without some serious machining skills at hand.  The ebay auction seller has zero feedback which is something that can be a hindrance for new folks on ebay.  Also, the auction does not state willingness to crate and ship to addresses in USA.  This is likely due to inexperience on eBay.  Good price but I am still researching and learning about the Luberto.  It does not have reverse.  However, made in USA and looks to be extremely well built.  Watching youtube videos it uses a shuttle hook assembly for a 45k so I'm assuming the needle is a 214x type but someone please correct me where I am wrong about that as I cannot find yet where it states the needle it uses.  With that said max needle size for the most part would be size 27 but I have seen new old stock of size 28 and "out of stock" in size 30.  The only thing that would get one, in my near zero experience, is possibly a braided size 415 instead of the poly bonded size 415 Cowboy brand.  I ordered some braided and hope it fits into the size 28 needles I ordered otherwise it will be limited to other uses like hand sewing.  If anyone knows the needle that would be good info.  Best regards, Mike

the 2 classics I have owned, used the same shuttle as a 441 Juki and a 205 adler.   they both used 794 needles just like the 441 and 205 but the classics needle bar could be set to use 328 series needles which goes down to smaller sizes in leather points than the longer 794 needles.  I do not know if the *9 has this feature or not.  I really liked the first classic I had and wish I had not sold it.  I built my own table for it and liked the stand much better than the factory one on the second machine. BUT that was just me.  Nothing wrong with the stand on the second machine and I would be satisfied with it as my only machine in my saddle shop. I currently use and have used cobra class 4's for the last 9 years and get along fine with them.  I would recommend you buy a new machine if you are going to purchase a 441 clone for your first machine.  The support you get from Steve  or Bob is priceless.  Buy one off of Ebay or Craigslist and you are on your own.  I have been building saddles for a long time and have never run 415 thread through one of my machines. I don't know if harness makers use it or not.   794 needles go as large as 250/25.   HTH,  Just my opinion which isn't worth much. 

Did this machine sell??