It's been well over a year since my son passed and even longer than that since I've done any leather work. Finally got my head right and got back to what I love doing. A couple of my latest projects, Horn bag for my granddaughter for Christmas and a new belt for me.

IMG_0782.jpg.168b51d0f8f17aaa8dfbd28d2f63c372.jpgIMG_0785.jpg.c3027a9ec69593c81c16432f6f4cbe36.jpgIMG_0786.jpg.800c65b81737f47c11f9180aef477aa4.jpgIMG_0787.jpg.5d28b7d9b923430037eedbd31805bc0b.jpgIMG_0788.jpg.7057df17238e0fa1ac02de5041d38f16.jpg

That is some beautiful stuff.

My condolences for your loss. 

I only began leather working in 2014 after the loss of my infant son. It got my hands moving again.

We belong to the toughest club that no one wants to be a member of.

Good luck to you and your family.

My sincere sympathy to both of you.

I lost my brother to suicide over thirty years ago and still often think of him. I have 2 sons now and one is the same age as when my brother died, I can’t imagine the pain you must go through.

@texback That is some beautiful work! I hope you continue to show more of your work here and that you find some peace of mind while working with Leather.

Ger.

Thank you both. It feels good to get back in the game. Neither project is perfect but did turn out ok.

My daughter passed in 2003 at 18 years old, so I feel for all of you. Mut is right about this "club" but as long as we keep working at something and don't let it consume us we can find a way to make it.  One day at a time my friends.

Not to detract from the wonderful looking projects, but my wife got us into group grief counseling within six weeks of losing Little Eddie. It was absolutely the best thing for us. It made us closer and stronger.

I just felt that needed to be said. 

Edited by bikermutt07

Beautiful Work!!! 

16 hours ago, JD62 said:

My daughter passed in 2003 at 18 years old, so I feel for all of you. Mut is right about this "club" but as long as we keep working at something and don't let it consume us we can find a way to make it.  One day at a time my friends.

We are members of what I call “an unfortunate fraternity” - I lost my daughter in 2004 at the age of 18 - driver crossed center line and hit her head on.  

Try to enjoy and find good in every day because you never know when it may be your last.

beautiful bags by the way, Tex!

Gary

Wishing you the best for Christmas and the new year, 

God bless,