Reindeer

New and improved (?)

Way back in July I posted a figure carving I was frustrated with and I needed help/critique. A lot of people came through for me, but especially user immiketoo, with a video from his site learnleather.com. I encourage everybody to go here if you need videos about figure carving and using a modeling spoon. The modeling spoon video he gave me was invaluable in the improvements I made.

So here are two figure carvings: both are the same deer pattern.

The first one is the one I uploaded back in July asking for help. I did not have the figure carving bevelers, or a good modeling spoon.

The second one is after watching immiketoo's video, buying figure carving bevelers, and also buying Peter Main's modeling spoon just this month. I got busy with school and couldn't afford the modeling spoon for awhile, so this is why it took so long for me to make another attempt. However I believe this carving is already much better.

Anyway here they are, and if anybody has any further critiques or suggestions for improvements, feel free to share.

Edit: the uploader isn't working. My files are under the size limit but the website disagrees for some reason. I'm going to see if I can post them underneath in the comments.

(chewing popcorn)

Yes, in the second presentation, we can see the crude rough beveling.

In the first example that surrounding beveling is much more refined and quite smooth. More attractive to the eye

Chas

Yup, you've improved a lot with all of it! Keep us posted