YinTx

Putting it all together: Bible covers for Christmas

Managed to do these when the family was looking the other way - will be Christmas gifts.  sorry bout the hurried photos, didnt want to get caught :whistle:

So, tooling, painting, dye, antique, stamping, carving, stitching, edging.. a bit of everything I've managed to learn here...

YinTx

20171222_165631.jpg

20171222_165520.jpg

20171222_165504.jpg

20171222_165445.jpg

20171222_165606.jpg

Looking good!!!

I really like the dove on the one inside cover.   just calls to me for some reason but it all looks great

Rossr,

Thanks much.  The dove was my favorite part also, strangely enough.

YinTx

I think you did an outstanding job!

Well done they will be happy 

If these are for your family and their bibles then you are a very gracious and giving father yourself. These will last (almost) as long as the Word they are protecting and give honour to.

Very well done.

1 hour ago, Fire88 said:

Well done they will be happy 

Thank you, I really hope so.  A lot of stuff I made is for Christmas gifts, so I have to wait to see if the end recipient is happy!

30 minutes ago, plinkercases said:

If these are for your family and their bibles then you are a very gracious and giving father yourself. These will last (almost) as long as the Word they are protecting and give honour to.

Very well done.

They are for my family, really I am just looking forward to seeing smiles.  That might be more for me than them. :)  and thank you, your words are humbling, really I'm just a guy doing what he can.

YinTx

How long have you been into leather now?

You are producing some fantastic stuff.

P.s. don't get offended, but I thought you were a mom.

16 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

P.s. don't get offended, but I thought you were a mom.

Hehehe how did that happen?  The profile on the left mentions male....just sayin :whistle:

16 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

How long have you been into leather now?

I picked up some leather stuff in December 2014, I think I made my first thing in January/February 2015.  Started tooling basketweave in May time frame this year, and tried carving this August if I recall.  Had a hiatus of a month or two while we dealt with hurricane Harvey in August/September.  Almost entirely self taught, which at times is a rough road to hoe.  Went to a trade show for the first time this October, and had a little bit of instruction during that week.  So, thanks for the compliment!

YinTx

Sorry about that. I guess I made an assumption. 

I started in October of 2014. But I dropped off for about a year. You have far exceeded my abilities in the same amount of time. 

I'm still not even satisfied with my stitches yet.

I just don't spend enough time with the hobby I guess.

biker, I spend far too much time studying other's works, when I could be improving my own.  But I do put a lot of time and effort into trying to improve what I do.  And there is still so much more to learn.  I do work on trying to improve almost every day now, in 2015-16 I didn't spend as much time on it.

Success today, I think.  There were smiles all around!  Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!

YinTx

YinTx... those are all amazing!  and like you mentioned, I tend to spend more time "looking than doing", but you have motivated me to get out to the shop and get some more tooling practice.  I would be proud to have my bible in any of those covers.  

Crashresq,

Thank you for that!  Glad to hear I have inspired someone as well.  Generally I'm looking around the sites for inspiration and motivation, hadn't expected that my works would be motivating others already!

YinTx

MillieB,

Thank you so much!  My favorite part of it too!

YinTx