That time of year, so made a wide cuff for a friend out of some light blue-purple scrap croc (thank you again @Lee05!). The thinner double-wrap is one I’d made earlier for myself as a test run.

Lined with some really soft blue suede (non suede side showing) from @nstarleather, edged with Buckleguy paint in black, stitched with 3mm KS irons using grey fil au chinois, and used a collar stud for the fastening (after imposing on hubby to drill holes in some random hardwood from his workshop to hold the stud while setting the rivet back). 

F43CA03D-20DA-47F7-AE8B-6CFB5F1EA8AD.jpeg

Those look great.

You went from this to a perfect clutch.... hrmm.  Perhaps I should start small and go bigger!  I started with a messenger bag a few years ago.  Yesterday I tried my hand at a coaster.  Seems I never do things in order.

Nice cuffs!

YinTx

26 minutes ago, YinTx said:

You went from this to a perfect clutch.... hrmm.  Perhaps I should start small and go bigger!  I started with a messenger bag a few years ago.  Yesterday I tried my hand at a coaster.  Seems I never do things in order.

Nice cuffs!

YinTx

I figure a clutch is just a bigger cuff with a couple of extra bits :rolleyes:. Your work is fantastic by the way, and has definitely been an inspiration for me. As for the coaster, to quote an old family friend who kindly taught me the basics of jewelry making, “there’s nowhere to hide in simplicity”. I think in its own way, a coaster could be harder than a bag....and thank you!!

3 hours ago, motocouture said:

I figure a clutch is just a bigger cuff with a couple of extra bits :rolleyes:. Your work is fantastic by the way, and has definitely been an inspiration for me. As for the coaster, to quote an old family friend who kindly taught me the basics of jewelry making, “there’s nowhere to hide in simplicity”. I think in its own way, a coaster could be harder than a bag....and thank you!!

Nice work and I love that quote.  A simple piece needs a good cut, good edges, etc.. Even a simple key fob has to have sharp details.

I like the thread color choice.  Edges look good and the stitching very consistent, not always easy with croc.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:39 PM, motocouture said:

Your work is fantastic by the way, and has definitely been an inspiration for me.

I hadn't expected to have become inspirational, so I'm glad I have been.  Thanks for the compliment.  Your work is really nice as well, which is why I have tried to keep up with your posts!

YinTx