Hey guys I starting to do some leather tooling after 8 years. I came across this ad for a swivel knife and they claim its a Midas. Can you guys help ID'ing it and if it worth $50.00.

Midas Brass Leather Cutting Tool

I have a pretty good collection of swivel knives. IMO that is an older Craftool knife.  I'm saying that because of the 4 rings on the barrel. Looking at my collection that was on most of my Craftool knives have the 4 rings with the top and bottom being wider. I have several like this that are Craftool.  I also have several Midas. On all of the Midas I have the top has a complete loop for your finger and the barrels are larger diameter. All this being said, I regularly find tools I never knew existed.

Whether or not it is worth $50 is up to you. I have knives I use and knives I collect because I think they are cool looking. I think the price is fair.

Midas version of the old Craftool Pro that usually has a black barrel. nice knives and that's a fair enough price

@PiggyPete  I deleted your extra posts, same post, different titles, same forum.  You can go back to edit posts for about 15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on the "server's mood" if you need to.  Else add a new post to the same thread instead of starting a new thread over again.  Give the server time to respond when posting.  It may be busy or you could be on a slow connection and may not see the post for a couple minutes.

Welcome to leatherworker.net.  Enjoy your surfing, show your stuff ...

Tom

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

@PiggyPete  I deleted your extra posts, same post, different titles, same forum.  You can go back to edit posts for about 15 minutes, sometimes longer depending on the "server's mood" if you need to.  Else add a new post to the same thread instead of starting a new thread over again.  Give the server time to respond when posting.  It may be busy or you could be on a slow connection and may not see the post for a couple minutes.

Welcome to leatherworker.net.  Enjoy your surfing, show your stuff ...

Tom

That's fine, I'm just getting the hang off this.

Thanks, 

PiggyPete

4 hours ago, Mark842 said:

I have a pretty good collection of swivel knives. IMO that is an older Craftool knife.  I'm saying that because of the 4 rings on the barrel. Looking at my collection that was on most of my Craftool knives have the 4 rings with the top and bottom being wider. I have several like this that are Craftool.  I also have several Midas. On all of the Midas I have the top has a complete loop for your finger and the barrels are larger diameter. All this being said, I regularly find tools I never knew existed.

Whether or not it is worth $50 is up to you. I have knives I use and knives I collect because I think they are cool looking. I think the price is fair.

Thank you for the insight,

Best,

PiggyPete

3 hours ago, bruce johnson said:

Midas version of the old Craftool Pro that usually has a black barrel. nice knives and that's a fair enough price

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

Best,

PiggyPete

what size is the barrel?

Thanks,

Phill

7 minutes ago, 24VOLTS said:

what size is the barrel?

Thanks,

Phill

I wouldn't know the seller has not yet replied back to me. Im not selling it; I'm thinking of purchasing it.

3 hours ago, Elliot said:

I have 2 of those knifes , 5/8 barrels on them.

To big for short turns, but nice wide turns.

Thanks for the info, but do you happen to know the maker by any chance?

I bought them from someone selling His used tools, so don't know.

Nice free turning tool, just need a better operator.

opps my bad :)  I guess I should have had my glasses on.