plinkercases

Cowboy machine dealer in Canada?, Ontario?

HBARK thanks for your experience. Did  you pay any tax with Bob or just our HST? and great to hear they didn't charge you any duty.

I only paid HST. I showed them the bill of sale and they were good with that.I also had one of his adds from the Harness Shop with me.They looked at it but I didn't really need that.

Good stuff thanks. 

Just a note of interest.  When I bought my machine  Cowboy 4500   Leightons price for virtually the same machine  ( juki 441 clone ) was 2 and a 1/2  times ( picked up at his place), what mine cost me INCLUDING shipping from Toledo  and I got just about every optional foot and needle plate included. When I ordered needles from him they were 3 time the price in Winnipeg.

Good to know thanks.

It would appear that I'm a little late in seeing this post, my apologies. Someone had contacted me yesterday inquiring about a machine and mentioned they saw my name here.

My name is Dave Skinner from Ottawa, Ontario Canada and as of last year I am the Eastern Canadian Distributor for the Leather Machine Co. If anyone in Eastern Canada has any questions about the Cobra line of machine feel free to reach out to me at skinnerleather@rogers.com. You can also contact me through my Facebook page at facebook.com/skinnerleather.

Thanks and good to know. You should make an announcement post in the sewing machine or dealer sections.

32 minutes ago, plinkercases said:

Thanks and good to know. You should make an announcement post in the sewing machine or dealer sections.

Anytime! I think I will take you up on your suggestion. I signed onto this forum when I just started out leather crafting and kind of lost touch with it after frequenting FB groups.