simarimas

My first attempt at armor

First off, I have been looking around the boards here for a little bit, and it seems like a great community.  So I decided to get involved.

So this was my first attempt at making some armor pieces for my son for Christmas.  (Actually my first attempt at leatherworking period).  We are avid Ren Faire goers, and had bought some items online, but after seeing what was being worn and sold at the Faire, I decided to give it a shot.  Took some practice work, and designing how to attach things was interesting.  I had watched a ton of videos before starting, which really helped.  I know I have a ton more to learn, but I have found a new passion.  My next project will be full armor, which I am just beginning.  Any ideas or pointers are much appreciated.

20171225_0926091.jpg

20171225_0926011.jpg

Not very often that anyone says this here ( usually someone has to explain how to make images smaller in order to be able to upload them )...but...you need to make the images that you post bigger..you have upto 1.4 megs available in total per post for your images..yours are each about 33 kb..so they are very small and it is hard to see much of anything..what can be seen looks OK, but it hard to make anything out...and thus to comment..

It looks pretty cool.

OK. How about taking new pix altogether? Can't see much for detail...