This is a sheath I enjoy making and it has proven to be efficient design that stays out of the way of a side arm or a backpack.  Comments are welcome.  Hoping each of you are doing well.

Scott

large.5a4b26cebe0a5_IMG_6095(2).jpg.6c7ff01b5d132f3eedb3ff8006807208.jpglarge.5a4b26d3ab808_IMG_6098(2).jpg.dd3f2cfcec550ba20b8f4ca6ec0ee206.jpg

Edited by Firewalker
embedded images instead of links

That is nice.

Looks good 

6 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

That is nice.

1 hour ago, Fire88 said:

Looks good 

Thank you 

I dig it.  Well done. 

Nice looking sheath.  Curious as to the back side and also if this was hand or machine done.

Great work

Ross

That is a really nice sheath. I like the dark starburst dye job a lot and your mini-altoids tinder kit pouch is perfect. Looks great. Is it able to be carried any way other than scout?

Yes, the wet molded box pocket came out really nice, and the stitching is spot on.  Nice!

YinTx

8 hours ago, Bayou Bengal said:

I dig it.  Well done. 

Thank you very much!

6 hours ago, Rossr said:

Nice looking sheath.  Curious as to the back side and also if this was hand or machine done.

Great work

Ross

Hi Ross,   I will see if I still have some images of the back side of it.  This was stitched by hand.  Thank you very much for the compliment.

5 hours ago, battlemunky said:

That is a really nice sheath. I like the dark starburst dye job a lot and your mini-altoids tinder kit pouch is perfect. Looks great. Is it able to be carried any way other than scout?

Thanks so much!  That was my first attempt at air brushing the edge.  It is a USMC Black edge fade over a Burgundy Base.  Thanks for the kind words!  This particular design only allows for scout carry but I have kicked around a design to allow vertical, vertical dangler or scout.  I just haven't worked out anything I am happy with yet.  Thanks again.

4 hours ago, YinTx said:

Yes, the wet molded box pocket came out really nice, and the stitching is spot on.  Nice!

YinTx

Thanks so much.  I appreciate it.

I love your sheath. I am an Esee fan. Own an Izula. Diggin' the punisher skull, with flag pattern?

1 hour ago, Mjolnir said:

I love your sheath. I am an Esee fan. Own an Izula. Diggin' the punisher skull, with flag pattern?

Thank you my friend.  Yes, I like that flag version of that skull.... It has been a popular touch with my customers.  Thanks for looking!

Scott

I'm an ESEE fan myself. I have an Izula, Laser Strike, have had a 4 and a 5 as well. Hoping to get a Junglas one of these days. Throw some TKC scales on it and you have a winner. Great knives. You can shave with everyone of the ones I've had.

5 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

I'm an ESEE fan myself. I have an Izula, Laser Strike, have had a 4 and a 5 as well. Hoping to get a Junglas one of these days. Throw some TKC scales on it and you have a winner. Great knives. You can shave with everyone of the ones I've had.

I only have a laser strike. The first thing I ever made was a sheath for it.

17 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

Mine hasn't seen much use yet but it feels substantial and arrived sharp enough to take care of business especially after I stropped it.  Those knives seem to have a no nonsense warranty on their products which is always nice to see.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, Rossr said:

Great work

Ross

This is a bit zoomed in but I think you will get the picture.  Cheers! (I am glad that rogue stitch is on the back hidden on the front.  :D)

Burgundy MM and white stitches.jpg

Edited by Firewalker

2 hours ago, Firewalker said:

This is a bit zoomed in but I think you will get the picture.  Cheers! (I am glad that rogue stitch is on the back hidden on the front.  :D)

Burgundy MM and white stitches.jpg

Rouge stitch we see nothing.   Thanks for the backside photo.   real nice hand stitch too!!

Nice stitching! Did you use a groover to recess the stitches? Its looks like you did...very pro looking!

On 1/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, JMcC said:

Nice stitching! Did you use a groover to recess the stitches? Its looks like you did...very pro looking!

Hi there.  Thank you so much.  Yes they are recessed with a groover.  I prefer the look as well as abrasion resistance.  

22 hours ago, Sledzep01 said:

I cant wait to get that good!

sled

You are too kind.  Keep challenging yourself!!!

Cheers my friend!

Firewalker, if I may...what stitching groover do you use and what do you use for punching the holes? Thanks for your time.

James

Very nice! I really like that color with the white thread. Dig the Punisher skull too.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:55 AM, JMcC said:

Firewalker, if I may...what stitching groover do you use and what do you use for punching the holes? Thanks for your time.

James

Hi James, my stitch groover is nothing fancy.  I picked it up at Tandy when I started.  I bought both types, meaning one cutter is along the central axis of the handle and the other one the cutter is on the side bar (I prefer to use this one for some reason)  I think each of them are around $10-12 at Tandy.  I don't see a name on them.   These sheaths are so thick that I decided to drill the holes instead of chisel.  It was done on a drill press with what I believe was  a 1/8" bit.   Thanks for the interest!  

Scott

On 1/9/2018 at 5:39 AM, georgiapine85 said:

Very nice! I really like that color with the white thread. Dig the Punisher skull too.

Thank you kindly.   I really like contrasting thread a lot especially if you can get a nice stitch in.  Thanks again