Mujician

Exotic leather in the UK

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find some exotic leathers in the UK. All I can seem to find it pre-dyed stingray skin. Although it looks quite cool, I'm not sure what I could use it for. I'd like to get something interesting looking to make guitar straps with. I've seen pictures (and I'm aware of how controversial it is) of seal skin guitar straps. I don't think this is legal to export to the UK however. Any suggestions? All I can seem to find is cow hide.

5 minutes ago, Mujician said:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find some exotic leathers in the UK. All I can seem to find it pre-dyed stingray skin. Although it looks quite cool, I'm not sure what I could use it for. I'd like to get something interesting looking to make guitar straps with. I've seen pictures (and I'm aware of how controversial it is) of seal skin guitar straps. I don't think this is legal to export to the UK however. Any suggestions? All I can seem to find is cow hide.

Have you tried AA Crack in Northampton?

http://www.aacrack.co.uk/leather-type/exotics.html

I looked on their website, didn't see anything available. I have just ordered samples from Walter Reginald. I'm also going to see if faux leather is something I can work with.