So haven't been on in a while.  Life gets in the way doesn't it?  So anyway, been working on stitching, mainly saddle stitching and made some pen cases to try out this new Ritza thread I got.  With this thread being sorta of flat I love how it lays.

British Tan.png

Dark Brown_02.png

I really like these!  Did you wet form using a piece of dowel rod?

Gary

Really nice work. Stitching looks good!

Great stitches.

11 hours ago, garypl said:

I really like these!  Did you wet form using a piece of dowel rod?

Gary

Hey Gary.  Yes I wet formed them with a dowel glued down to a block.  Only using 3-4 oz and they seem a bit light weight but they seem to be holding shape well.  I just rasped the end of the dowel to try and give me a good rounded end but didn't do a very good job.  If I make any more I will try to make a better form with the dowel so I have a nicer shape at the bottom.  Right now trying to make a form for a med size possible pouch/purse and trying to finish up my wife's purse.  Just waiting on the clasp.

4 hours ago, KingsCountyLeather said:

Really nice work. Stitching looks good!

Thank you.

3 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Great stitches.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, kiwican said:

Very nice!

Thank you.

24 minutes ago, Gregsleather said:

Hey Gary.  Yes I wet formed them with a dowel glued down to a block.  Only using 3-4 oz and they seem a bit light weight but they seem to be holding shape well.  I just rasped the end of the dowel to try and give me a good rounded end but didn't do a very good job.  If I make any more I will try to make a better form with the dowel so I have a nicer shape at the bottom.  Right now trying to make a form for a med size possible pouch/purse and trying to finish up my wife's purse.  Just waiting on the clasp.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Greg - I think the bottom end looks great!  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Gary

1 hour ago, Gregsleather said:

I just rasped the end of the dowel to try and give me a good rounded end but didn't do a very good job.  If I make any more I will try to make a better form with the dowel so I have a nicer shape at the bottom.

I do not feel that the rounded end is in any way inferior, it looks pleasant to my eye. Not sure you need to strive for a perfectly round end.