Ok, I have an odd request to make a slim jim type holster for a black powder pistol, what's odd is they want a knife case, (old antler handle knife) sewn on the front of the holster. Has anyone done anything like this, any ideas. It's kind of interesting figuring out how I'm going to make this happen. :(

To that's interesting. I'm not sure if you could stitch it to the holster exactly. I would think the molding and going of it would prevent the sheath from keeping it's form to hold the knife. 

I was thinking, what about using one directional snaps and snapping it onto the holster? You would then have a sheath that could be removed if needed. 

You could also design a strap style system for mounting the sheath. Kind of like a drop loop holster except the sheath mounts to the loop. 

Or perhaps a full skirt with a sheath stitched to it at an angle? Not sure how that would look or work. Knife would actually be between the skirt and the holster. Or perhaps behind the skirt with the handle coming up behind the pistol butt.

That's a far easier idea than mine. I like it lol

Were it my project, . . . I'd take lizardo's idea and run with it.

Build the holster up front just like you normally would do, . . . including the little belt in the middle to hold it to the skirt, . . . but use the skirt for the back side of the knife sheath.

The knife would stick up behind the skirt, . . . behind the belt, . . . 

Fact is, . . . it's a novel idea if you ask me, . . . pretty interesting even.

May God bless,

Dwight

thanks for ideas, I've been pondering it for a while. As well as your ideas i was thinking the knife running down the site rail area some how. I guess I had better get some cardboard and start figuring. 

Be interested to see what you can come up with. I've tried to visualise the possible options and reckon whatever you do it's likely to look a little "odd". It's one thing to put boolit loops on a holster, but a knife sheath....?

I agree dikman I'll figure something out, right or wrong. Lol

On 1/5/2018 at 5:28 PM, Lizardo said:

Or perhaps a full skirt with a sheath stitched to it at an angle? Not sure how that would look or work. Knife would actually be between the skirt and the holster. Or perhaps behind the skirt with the handle coming up behind the pistol butt.

Ya that’s an idea I like... let me keep reading