keithpip

Book: Handmade Leather Bags & Accessories

Bought this book at my local Tandy Store. I probably wouldn't have picked it up only my wife was with me. I had made her a tote bag and she took an interest in several of the bag projects depicted in the book. I liked the fact that the book contained separate patterns for each of the bag projects. Only when I got home did I discover that there are a lot of "gaps" in this book. This is not meant to be a ranting negative review of this book. My biggest criticism is that the author never gives the recommended leather thickness for any of the projects. Also there seems to be a lot of information left out of the step-by-step instructions. I consider myself an intermediate leather worker (I'm in my 5th year of the craft) but I would still like to know the weight of leather to be used for a project. I was just wondering if anyone out there has used this book and would be willing to share their opinions, particularly on how they worked around any of these issues.

Keith 

If you can show some pics of the bags you want to try, I'm sure we can get you headed the right way.

Thank you bikermutt07!