Just finished this case.  Still got a lot learning to do as far as finishing edges.  Granted this is pretty thin veg tan (3-4 oz) so need to learn some better techniques for the thinner stuff.  All in all pretty pleased.  I don't have an iPhone X so only used dimensions found online and also added in a bit extra for those who like to also use an additional protective case for their phones.  Also got my Maker's Mark a couple of days ago so been playing around with that as well.  Now just need an arbor press.  I used a C-Clap and the mark while the leather was on the wet form.  Worked pretty nice but a pain in the you know what.  Needed a couple extra arms and hands to do it.  My father is a pretty handy wood worker so I may see if he can help me design and build a wooden arbor press that would work.  Something similar to the floor corker I use when making wine.

In any case hope you guys enjoy.  Working on a small leather pen case for a client.  Had to make a separate mold for it.  He wants it smaller than what I already have so fun fun.

iPhone X_dark brown_jpg.jpg

iPhone X_dark brown_02_jpg.jpg

iPhone X_dark brown_03_jpg.jpg

iPhone X_dark brown_04_jpg.jpg

iPhone X_dark brown_05_jpg.jpg

Nice clean work there! Stitching looks good too.

I keep meaning to make a case for my own IPhone but I think it will need to be a flip type... when my phone rings, It takes too long to get it out of a pocket before the other person hangs up. :blink:

Greg, that is a really nice, clean looking case!  Your stitching is excellent.  I too struggle with getting good edges on thinner leather, especially when the leather is a bit stretchy.  In those cases I often switch to acrylic edge paint for a nice contrast.

Gary

Nice stitch job, very clean. Check out Harbor Fright, they have a 2 ton arbor press for a very reasonable price. 

Jim

This reminded me of how they used to try and make phone's smaller. Remember that?

Nice case.