I had this special request to make a Bible cover for a Christmas present. I've never made one before but I think it turned out okay. I learned a lot and know how to make the next one better. Thanks to this forum, I dug up some really good tips. Let me know what you all think. 

-Mike

MgzECX1J-28481119.jpg

I turned the pen as well. 

PgNbMEZu-28458740.jpg

Looks great Popo, would have liked to have seen some inside pics as well, but judging from what I see on the outside, you did a good job sir! Keep up the good work.

James

only thing that "looks" wrong to me is the way  you have the closure clasp. When it's standing up on a bookshelf, the clasp will be a position with a tendency to fall open.

1 hour ago, Halitech said:

only thing that "looks" wrong to me is the way  you have the closure clasp. When it's standing up on a bookshelf, the clasp will be a position with a tendency to fall open.

I totally agree, it felt weird putting it on that way. Fortunately the clasp is tight, but it just looks wrong. But putting it on the other way wasn't working because the swivel clasp had to go over the catch and then rotate in. If the clasp was on the Bible, it could not go over the strap unless moved to the very edge... And that looked worse. 

But I totally agree with you

They usually start out feeling very tight but over time, they do work loose. That's why I only use them on the top of things when they hang down so the natural tendency is top fall closed.

If you had put it on the front, it would have also made it awkward to lay when open and made reading harder. Hopefully it will stay tight and not give the owner any issues.