Sign in to follow this  
Denhamjeans23

GPS and UHF Holster

I recently bought myself a handheld GPS unit and UHF radio for whilst hunting or working on remote cattle stations, or cattle ranch for you non-aussies ;). So I decided that i needed a way to lug around my new technology without jamming it all on my belt or stuffing it in a backpack and this was the result. The chest rig allows me to carry my GPS, Radio, and mobile phone in a readily accessible manner without weighing down my belt or getting in the way when working in and around vehicles. The back piece and pouches are made from pre-dyed 2-3mm leather and the straps are ~3-4mm veg tan dyed British Tan. All pouches are riveted in place, and the straps are stitched and riveted.

chest rig.jpg

Chest rig 2.jpg

Edited by Denhamjeans23

Good job! Looks functional and hopefully wont be too hot while wearing.

That looks like it will last forever. That is a big strong hunk of leather. If it does get too hot, I'm sure you could get away with cutting some different shaped holes in it. 

Good luck.

Thanks guys! I think that it’s going to be alright heat wise as it doesn’t sit super tight against my body. Due to the softness of the leather and the weight of the gadgets there is a slight gap that should allow for decent airflow. 

That's cool. I just never saw a moment in film or photo where somebody wasn't sweating.

Then again, I live in Louisiana and had someone ask me how do we go anywhere? To which I replied, "what do you mean?" And he said, "well isn't it all swampland down there?"

"We have roads!!!"

10 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

That's cool. I just never saw a moment in film or photo where somebody wasn't sweating.

Then again, I live in Louisiana and had someone ask me how do we go anywhere? To which I replied, "what do you mean?" And he said, "well isn't it all swampland down there?"

"We have roads!!!"

Hahaha, oh I'll be sweating thats for sure, i just don't think that the holster will be the main cause. The 45+ degrees celsius (113+ Fahrenheit) will have me sweating no matter what I'm wearing

Edited by Denhamjeans23