Kleenur

Medieval Style High Boots

Be careful, medieval and boots are a kind of oxymoron, as in medieval times footwear was not near as sophisticated as during Renaissance. If you are striving for historic accuracy, you should do a lot of research.

Thanks. I have done research, and know a little about it. There was certainly footwear that came to just below the knee, and I'm calling them boots even though they really aren't exactly that. I was more looking to see if anyone had a pattern that I could go off before making my own.  Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a pattern for you, but here are a few links I had saved when I was looking for the same:

Shows an example with a sketch of what the pattern would look like for a medieval turned "boot"

Instructions on how to make turn shoes

More instructions on turn shoes

Index from the first link with the boot. Has more detailed shoe info/examples but if I recall that was the only tall boot

I never got around to it (had kids) but I was planning on using one of the turn shoe patterns to base the boot off of. Then just modify the pattern based on the sketch of the boot layout to get something taller than ankle shoes.

Somebody has already pointed you to Marc Carlson's medieval footwear site, and that's an excellent place to start. 
If you are looking for strictly historical patterns, you should get a copy of this book:
https://www.amazon.com/Shoes-Pattens-Medieval-Excavations-London/dp/1843832380

Do you have a particular century and country in mind? Are you looking at a medieval illustration or painting and saying "Yeah, HIS boots are what i want!"

Edited by DJole