JJDD

Skiving Machine: Presser Feet Types

Close to getting a skiving machine and trying to learn what I can..

Can you all help me understand the different types of presser feet for the basic single motor skiving machines out there?

I see most of them come with a 2" non-rolling foot, but I've seen images of other types of skiving presser available. What types of results do these variations yield? Wondering which I should look for and add to my want list.

Thanks for the help!!

I have three lower rollers for my CowBoy Skiver, top and bottom feed machine. The one I use most is the concave that matches the roller and knife radius.

If you are shopping I am considering selling my machine.

Ferg

JJDD,

I am also about to be in the market for a skiving machine and am just starting my research.  Any one of them jump out at you?

- John

maybe this could help...

Jimi, thanks for posting the video!  Great info for a noob such as myself, got a ton of ideas once I saw a few of those specialty feet.

- John

Yes, @jimi that video is gold. I'm much more a visual person and it's so helpful to see what these feet do. 

Thank you!

I also came across these "spare parts" from Fratelli Alberti. Take a look :) Looks like they have everything.

http://www.fratellialberti.com/lang2/spare-parts.html

Nippy also has some listing similar to Fratelli, but I'm not sure which is easiest to get in the US. Probably FAV.

Edited by JJDD

I think the dealer in the US for FAV (Fratelli Alberti) is campbell randall ??

Most of our customers use the curved presser foot which will give you an even skive, the machine comes with a few different sizes. You can get up to 2" on the longest one. There's also the flat feet which will give you more of an angled skive. Roller feet are good for materials that scratch or mark very easily or are a bit slippery.