Anna

Singer 132K6

I have a Singer 132K6 sewing machine that has been sitting around for many years not being used.  I've been trying to decide if I should sell it, since it is just taking up space or if I should just hold onto it since it's a neat old machine.  I was just wondering if anyone knows if they are worth anything or if there is any interest in one.  It did sew nice when I did use it.  I would appreciate if anyone had some more information about this machine.  Thank you for your help!

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

I’m afraid I’m a tool junkie and I would be inclined to keep it. Looks to be in unusually good shape, right down to the paint. In my area, I have only seen one go up for sale in the past 2-3 years, if I remember correctly the seller was asking around 800.00, and it was posted on CL for months.

If you decide to sell it advertise it on dropzone.com. This machine is desirable for sewing parachute harnesses with 5 cord in place of using a class 7.  If your not using it pass it on to someone who can keep it useful.

21 hours ago, 480volt said:

I’m afraid I’m a tool junkie and I would be inclined to keep it. Looks to be in unusually good shape, right down to the paint. In my area, I have only seen one go up for sale in the past 2-3 years, if I remember correctly the seller was asking around 800.00, and it was posted on CL for months.

Thank you for commenting.  I think it is in pretty decent shape, and it is an nice looking sewing machine.  I would like to keep it, but it would be nice for someone to get some use out of it too. 

14 hours ago, councilman24 said:

If you decide to sell it advertise it on dropzone.com. This machine is desirable for sewing parachute harnesses with 5 cord in place of using a class 7.  If your not using it pass it on to someone who can keep it useful.

Thanks for the advice on where to advertise.  I hadn't thought about parachutes.  It would be nice for it to be in use again. 

My advice is to never sell a good working machine if you can avoid it as if you should ever need to replace it the buy cost is always higher than the sell price.

Oil the head, remove all thread, wrap it in a sheet then bag. dismantle the table so it takes up less space

35 minutes ago, Darren Brosowski said:

My advice is to never sell a good working machine if you can avoid it as if you should ever need to replace it the buy cost is always higher than the sell price.

My thoughts exactly. I’d hate to see a vintage machine in extraordinarily good condition get sold and used up in a production shop.

10 hours ago, 480volt said:

My thoughts exactly. I’d hate to see a vintage machine in extraordinarily good condition get sold and used up in a production shop.

You cannot put everything in a museum - I love vintage machines too (oooh yes I do!) and I had a few very pristine machines I wanted to keep (just because of their condition - for no other reason) but in the end if I don´t use it is just collecting dust and takes space. I also have a nice 132K6 (yet head only) and I for sure will use it when its setup is done. But I most likely will never wear it out. Machines that you don´t use sooner or later end up in a barn or shed or attic where they sooner or later will be forgotten. Then one day a scrap collector shows up and takes it for nothing (I´m sure a lot of machines ended like this) - so better use it or sell it to someone who can use it.

But really think twice if you really have no use for this beauty! ;)

On 15/01/2018 at 9:54 AM, Anna said:

I have a Singer 132K6 sewing machine that has been sitting around for many years not being used.  I've been trying to decide if I should sell it, since it is just taking up space or if I should just hold onto it since it's a neat old machine.  I was just wondering if anyone knows if they are worth anything or if there is any interest in one.  It did sew nice when I did use it.  I would appreciate if anyone had some more information about this machine.  Thank you for your help!

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

Hi Anna, I’m looking at a machine ATM that looks exactly the same era as this one, do you happen to know the age of yours? Thks 

4 hours ago, Angebe said:

Hi Anna, I’m looking at a machine ATM that looks exactly the same era as this one, do you happen to know the age of yours? Thks 

According to ISMACS, her machine is one of 2000 built on September 6, 1939.

9 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

According to ISMACS, her machine is one of 2000 built on September 6, 1939.

I don't have much history on my sewing machine, but this link is where I had dated it also. 

On 15/01/2018 at 9:54 AM, Anna said:

IMG_3824.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3827.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

Wow, 79 years old :) Thks for that

it looks like I’ve bought it anyway, can’t wait to get it home and use it.

Yours looks to be in really good condition?? Mine no longer has any writing/signage left on it, just black

Edited by Angebe

Angebe,  I'm sure you will enjoy the your new to you machine.  I've been messing with mine a bit lately, since I've been thinking about selling it.  I know a lot more about sewing machines now than when we first got this about 10 years ago, so I can actually sew a lot better with it now.  It makes a nice tight stitch and will sew a pretty good range of leather thickness. 

Hi, the Singer 132K6 was more popular in Britain as that's where they were made, other Singers were made in the States and were more numerous.   However they are a great hard working machine, much sought after in Australia for horse rug and tack repairs.   We buy and sell them and a good one would sell for about $1750 Aussie dollars, that's a smaller figure in the States though.   The have a kick foot that works quite well but no reverse.  If you need the manual let me know I email them out free.

Thks for replies peeps

im so excited, can’t wait to pick it up. Now to figure out what I can start making :) I’m sure I’ll be busy doing rug repairs etc. My toyota handles the tough jobs but this will do so much more. 

Singermania, Thks for the offer, I would love the manual. Do you want me to message you my email? 

48 minutes ago, Angebe said:

Thks for replies peeps

im so excited, can’t wait to pick it up. Now to figure out what I can start making :) I’m sure I’ll be busy doing rug repairs etc. My toyota handles the tough jobs but this will do so much more. 

Singermania, Thks for the offer, I would love the manual. Do you want me to message you my email? 

I can try to attach it here, otherwise I'll need an email....

Singer-Class-132K-Sewing-Machines-Instructions.pdf

I got it :) 

i reakin I’ll have that read 5 times over by the end of the night lol!!

thks

Hi folks

I am new to the site and have enjoyed all the comments. Located in eastern Canada, we also have a 132K-6 that has been in the family for 30 years. my sister used it mostly for horse chaps and I now use it for all heavy sewing on the farm, coverall, covers, jacket repair, etc. I keep it well oiled but not sure if I'm getting all the the locations, even though I turn it over and clean up under the uint as well.

Im mechanically able so the possibility of acquiring a manual for operation, maintenance and adjustment excites me. I'm shy of some of the download areas for manuals an would welcome  a copy of a manual. I have been able to view a parts catologue but that's it

thanks

Chuck

I know its an old topic, but hay" Singer 132 k6 they still hold a place in my garage covered in sheets like all my other machines, if I had my way they would all be in the house if I had the room,there`s just something about the old cast singers that grab me 

I also have a scares Singer 45 k1  here in UK England, iv not seen one for sale in years ,but there must be some, my misses trying to get me to sell some of my machines, but just can`t let them go,

The 45 k1 has a bigger fly wheel than the 132 k6 I assume to punch through heavier material,

But my 132 k6 is does have all the decor but its starting to loose some paint in places where the hands would frequently touch and don`t know if to repaint, I have seen these machines go for £200 - £700 over here, but the ones that demand high price , have been repainted re furbished on a clean tidy table fitted with servo motor, sold by a site well known for refurbishment machine and painted with different color from the original, 

I suppose the price depends on how bad you want to pay near the asking price and if you been waiting years to get hold of one, and the country ,its being sold in. 

Over seas from Britain they seem to go for more than they do here, I think they were made here so hence the price asked,but the rarer they get that will up ,

There was two for sale here , two  different sellers on E bay looked pretty nice,  I think one had original motor may of been a cast table, the other one the bidding only went up to £30+ pounds ,but he never sold it for that, shameful really bidders don`t see what it really should be worth,

I would of paid his asking price and a little more than £130.00 if I had the room and a car to travel,

but you can`t have them all,

On 2/22/2018 at 5:28 AM, Singermania said:

Hi, the Singer 132K6 was more popular in Britain as that's where they were made, other Singers were made in the States and were more numerous.   However they are a great hard working machine, much sought after in Australia for horse rug and tack repairs.   We buy and sell them and a good one would sell for about $1750 Aussie dollars, that's a smaller figure in the States though.   The have a kick foot that works quite well but no reverse.  If you need the manual let me know I email them out free.

Hi there. Any chance I could get a copy of the 132k6. I’ve just acquired one, although misled I’m looking forward to using it. I just need a manual to check how. Can I use thinner thread on this machine. Also, can I change the size of needle. It’s a 26 at the moment using nearly rope size (I jest) to what I’m used to on my 331k1. I repair horse rugs etc.

On 2/28/2024 at 1:02 AM, Becks said:

Hi there. Any chance I could get a copy of the 132k6. I’ve just acquired one, although misled I’m looking forward to using it. I just need a manual to check how. Can I use thinner thread on this machine. Also, can I change the size of needle. It’s a 26 at the moment using nearly rope size (I jest) to what I’m used to on my 331k1. I repair horse rugs etc.

Yes you can use lighter thread, I have and used size 18 needles.

Bert.