royalgh

Hello from Belgrade

I am here for a while but not posting yet, spend a lot of time to learn and practice with leather. Very kind people here share very useful information and I can find a lot of answers about everything and I am very thankful for that. My specialty is bracelets and different kind of leather custom accessories such as watch straps, waist bags,dog collars etc. 

This is some works I made before and appreciate your opinion about that. 

13631595_1768361403409894_2350259046189040780_n.jpg

20842169_1958495154396517_6760750117416545445_n.jpg

11855771_1647169132195789_3870575459886468427_n.png

DSCN8783.jpg

Welcome Royal - you do good work!  Look forward to seeing more of your projects.  

(PS - always nice to know what leather, thread, finish and machine, if any, you use in your projects!)

Gary

Very nice..I'm thinking all hand sewn ?..I like the "pick bracelet".

Thank you. I am limited here with quality materials and tools because we haven't suppliers for leatherwork (dyes,finish etc) so I started my work with tools I made by myself and it is also good  experience.For improving my work must import better quality. This products are all hand stitched, I have also nice Singer 45k in good condition but still have  problems with some parts so waiting to fix that.

5 minutes ago, mikesc said:

Very nice..I'm thinking all hand sewn ?..I like the "pick bracelet".

Yes, all hand sewn. My brother play guitar and asked if I can put that pick on bracelet so thats it.

Look forward to seeing even nicer work when you have access to better tools and supplies!  Although you are already making very nice projects!

1 hour ago, Dun said:

Welcome. Very nice edges and stitches! 

Thank you Dun, edges are done with burnishers which I made and is not excellent but do the job, about stitches, well I learn a lot about that here on Leatherworker.

That is some great work. I'm sure we would love to see some of your homemade tools.

15 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

That is some great work. I'm sure we would love to see some of your homemade tools.

Thank you. I will put more photos later and also some new works.

Very nice work, I particularly like the nice clean contrasty stitching; slightly jealous of that. I'd also like to see some of your home made tools as well if you'd be willing,

Well done, great work. 

Kuko si? Dobro work! Ha ha I'm serbian too and still remember some of the language. Both sets of grandparents migrated to the US. Anyway, nice work. I just started leather work myself. Someday I want to travel to Montenegro to see where my grandparents lived. 

Love the work and of course would love to see these tools everyone is talking about. What is the first case for? Any particular item?  It reminds me of my Dad's Sam Browne belt. It looks good. Nice work!

Welcome from NE Texas!  Like everyone else, I admire your ability to hand stitch with machine-like precision.  Beautiful work!

I would like to know more about how this bracelet was made! I have never seen one like it.

bracelet.JPG

On 2/2/2018 at 3:16 PM, DV8DUG said:

Love the work and of course would love to see these tools everyone is talking about. What is the first case for? Any particular item?  It reminds me of my Dad's Sam Browne belt. It looks good. Nice work!

Hello, I was ill last month and not working so I will put photos soon, my tools are simple hand tool nothing special, some bevelers, stamps,some cutting punches, motor with buffing wheels and burnishers. 

If you mean second photo, it is greyhound collar, first photo is mens waist bag (black) with basketwave stamp.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:38 PM, olfart said:

Welcome from NE Texas!  Like everyone else, I admire your ability to hand stitch with machine-like precision.  Beautiful work!

Thank you olfart, I learn a lot here about stitching, and realize that good preparing is important for nice stitching.

On 2/2/2018 at 2:29 PM, Outfitr said:

Kuko si? Dobro work! Ha ha I'm serbian too and still remember some of the language. Both sets of grandparents migrated to the US. Anyway, nice work. I just started leather work myself. Someday I want to travel to Montenegro to see where my grandparents lived. 

Hello, you are welcome to Serbia, nice to meet you here. I also started leatherwork for fun but like leathercraft and started to learn and also practicing still today after 2 years.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:44 PM, garypl said:

Look forward to seeing even nicer work when you have access to better tools and supplies!  Although you are already making very nice projects!

Thank you garypl. I am working on that, hope I will improve all work in future.

Very good work...well done

Edited by updn

On 2/10/2018 at 3:19 PM, alpha2 said:

I would like to know more about how this bracelet was made! I have never seen one like it.

bracelet.JPG

Sorry for very very late answer. You will see procedure from photos. dimensions: straps-12-15mm wide, min.25cm long, thicknes 1.2-1.4mm , 11 holes-diam.-5 or 6mm.When you assembly straps roll it on the round edge of table to set braiding evenly. With practise you will find best measures for you.For ends you can put snaps or sam brown studs.Happy work.

DSCN8982.jpg

DSCN8986.jpg

DSCN8987.jpg

DSCN8988.jpg

On 1/18/2018 at 12:01 AM, bikermutt07 said:

DSCN8992.jpg

DSCN8994.jpg

Sweet

Looking at your workshop pics I just had an idea, you could use one of those magnetic knife holders for kitchen knives, fasten it to the wall and voila - instant tool holder.

I have them in the kitchen and they are super handy, easy to take the knife and easy to place back. They should come cheap, I think you can even find them in Chinese goods stores.

They would work only on metal tools, not so sure how it would work with awls and such.

thanks for the pictures of the straps. It looks like a type of bleed knot, I've only done them with slots, not round holes, but I'll have to try that.

Jeff