Eddie Q

Drop Holster for Snubby

A friend asked if I could make a drop holster with a leg tie for his wife and my big mouth was “sure” !! When  he brought me the gun, I didn’t know what to say but........ anyways this is what I came up with and they loved it, now she wants a belt to go with it !!

S&W 2” bbl, 7-8 HO lined with 1.5-2 oz glazed pig skin and our mandatory Zia Symbol (proud to be New Mexican).

1762CA72-DB8B-4345-92DE-A3DB46D6A86C.png

0CF787E0-F66C-43F1-9835-4D9497E5DD00.jpeg

BD8951E5-1326-4A41-8BD2-973250680827.jpeg

Edited by Eddie Q

I think it looks great man, way to go!

Love the colors and nice job!  Only critique is that the stitching seems to change length in a few areas, but otherwise looks great!

Gary

Shoot, that's cool.

1 hour ago, garypl said:

Love the colors and nice job!  Only critique is that the stitching seems to change length in a few areas, but otherwise looks great!

Gary

I’ve noticed tha a few times, still learning to use my CB3500. Been looking for info on weather I need a holster needle plate and if it might help prevent that and can’t find much on it..... Appreciate your comments .

Awww man now I gota have oneThat looks great 

7 hours ago, Eddie Q said:

I’ve noticed tha a few times, still learning to use my CB3500. Been looking for info on weather I need a holster needle plate and if it might help prevent that and can’t find much on it..... Appreciate your comments .

I have seen the same happen with my CB4500 when thickness of leather changes (like when sewing over a strap) - usually it’s not that noticeable, but I try to watch for it and adjust stitch length when I can.

I've been watching videos on the cowboy stitchers, in preparation for the arrival of mine in about a week or so, and stitch length they say is related to tension, so like Garypl says, changing thickness or anything that will alter the thread tension can have an effect. I had to look for it on your fine holster, so maybe we're the only people that will notice! :rolleyes: I wouldn't have thought of a drop leg for a snubby, but you totally made it work. She likes it, that's what counts. You're setting the bar pretty high there with these holsters.

That looks great man and your coloring/antiquing is very well done.

Nice... snow in zew Mexico interesting 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, Carson said:

Nice... snow in zew Mexico interesting 

Thanks, I live in a mountain village in the Sierra Blanca. We have the southernmost ski area in the U.S. . I actually manage a ski shop but this season has been abnormally dry :(

Ya I’d figure in the middle of no where there isn’t much but we just got hit with a foot and 18 inch drifts

That looks great.  I'm curious as to WHY?  I've never even thought of wearing a rig that way.  Horseback?

Later

Mike

Beautiful work. Great concept.