motocouture

Purse lining question

So, staring a prototype for a small clutch (eventually going to do in croc). Pic below shows outer and lining. I’ve glued the lining completely to the two side gussets, but I’m curious if the lining gets fully glued to the main body, or just close to the edges where it’ll be stitched? Also, how do you account for the turn when the main body is folded; do you simply make the lining shorter than the outer, if you’re not completely gluing the two together? Thanks!

0EEBF212-90D2-40D5-A148-95244420DB88.jpeg

DDE7578F-64BC-4239-AC37-E842A49566ED.jpeg

Hi Moto,

Not sure if it's the correct method or not but I have made a couple of purses for my daughter and I have completely glued the lining to the inside. Seemed to work out fine for me. :)

James 

3 minutes ago, JMcC said:

Hi Moto,

Not sure if it's the correct method or not but I have made a couple of purses for my daughter and I have completely glued the lining to the inside. Seemed to work out fine for me. :)

James 

Hi James, thanks, good to know! :)

Just now, motocouture said:

Hi James, thanks, good to know! :)

You're welcome and let us know how it turns out with the croc leather. Bet it will be nice!

I've done a similar clutch and I fully glued the lining. With some other types of bags the lining can be glued to just the edges.

4 hours ago, thefanninator said:

I've done a similar clutch and I fully glued the lining. With some other types of bags the lining can be glued to just the edges.

Thanks! I think that’s the path I’ll head down

4 hours ago, JMcC said:

You're welcome and let us know how it turns out with the croc leather. Bet it will be nice!

Shall do!