17 hours ago, motocouture said:

I hear you! And once you start looking lol....

thanks so much, you’re way too kind! I feel like I still have so far to go. The heated edge tool does help hide a lot of sins, though :whistle:

Motocouture ....your edges look great.....your description helps me to proceed to a better result....time consuming but the effect is sweet... Your design and edge stitching is stunning...what thread are you using...quite thin hey!

keep up the nice work

On 2/25/2018 at 0:28 AM, Rockoboy said:

Where can I buy a nuclear powered heated edge tool? My sins are stacked up like Mount Everest! :o

Ha! I know that feeling :cheers:

On 2/25/2018 at 5:33 PM, updn said:

Motocouture ....your edges look great.....your description helps me to proceed to a better result....time consuming but the effect is sweet... Your design and edge stitching is stunning...what thread are you using...quite thin hey!

keep up the nice work

Thank you so much, and I’m so glad my description was of some help! Yes, it’s a fine thread - I’m using Lin Cable (linen thread) size 532 in beige. It comes waxed, but I like to run it through a cake of beeswax a few times, then iron with a standard dressmakers steam iron (using a silk press cloth) before sewing with it. Helps keep it from knotting up too easily. 

I am new to the art so don't take my opinion to heart. Over all I think the clutch is great but I'm wondering how the sides with the gussets would look with the edges finished separately then glued and stitched? Again I dig it over all.

7 hours ago, Wylee said:

I am new to the art so don't take my opinion to heart. Over all I think the clutch is great but I'm wondering how the sides with the gussets would look with the edges finished separately then glued and stitched? Again I dig it over all.

All feedback is greatly welcomed, thank you! I like your idea a lot. Ironically, I was mulling over that exact approach for the next version of this clutch, which I intend to do in croc. @RockyAussie on this forum shows some really good examples in his work of how the edges of the front and gusset are individually skived and turned under before stitching, so that there’s no raw edge. I think I see a skiving machine in my future lol...

I agree with the skived and turned under, I can't wait to see it in croc!