BettyJ

Backpack Strap Padding

Hi all

Another question about this cursed backpack of mine. :(

I'm currently sampling the straps and because of the stiffness of the saffiano, it's totally crushing the nice dunlop foam I've used to try to pad them a bit. So then I tried to add some footware foam that I bought but that is even worse. It's so hard that I may as well not have padded it. Plus the nice foam is pretty much non-existent again. Not to mention, when I use the thick foam, I get a load of really awful crinkling happening on the back of the strap. Because of the coating on this leather, I'm worried that it will crack and peel off fairly quickly, which won't please my client.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what else I could try to use? I'm thinking some thick felt might not compress too much but I haven't the foggiest where to get some in Singapore. Might have to do a run around Chinatown or make some calls at lunch tomorrow to see if anyone will sell me a bit.

Thanks again!

Betty

When I was licking tablet cases I used craft foam that I got from AC Moore's. It's the same stuff they use in the little spongy placemats, and spongy things kids make little shapes out of.

Hope this helps

3 minutes ago, Grumpymann said:

When I was licking tablet cases I used craft foam that I got from AC Moore's. It's the same stuff they use in the little spongy placemats, and spongy things kids make little shapes out of.

Hope this helps

Ooooh! That's a brilliant tip! Thanks so much! I think I know where to get some in Singapore. I'll take a detour after work tomorrow. 

Thank you!

Hi Betty, I’ve also used yoga mats to pad MacBook cases, that might work here as a plan B :) One yoga mat goes a long way!

14 hours ago, motocouture said:

Hi Betty, I’ve also used yoga mats to pad MacBook cases, that might work here as a plan B :) One yoga mat goes a long way!

Cheers Motocouture, I've got a few kicking round that I can destroy. Thanks for the tip. I'll sample both, see what works best. :)