DarkGoku

How to do nice even stitchinig using Cobra class 4

Hay guys, 

Anyone have experience with the cobra class 4 sewing machine?

I am having trouble keeping my stitching even top and bottom from the edge. (top perfect, bottom to close to the edge or comes out the side of the edge) I'm using a left presser foot and the regular plate with feed dog. 

My thread is 277 top and 207 bottom - bonded nylon. I'm going through 2 layers of 8oz. leather. my stitch line is 3/16" from the edge. I also use the platform that mounts to the table stand so I can have a flat surface for my work to rest so I don't have to juggle the work and guide:) I see people using their machines on youtube to make beautiful stitches, and i would love to know how to do it also. Any advice would help, not many vids out there that show different ways for setup. I love projects that have the stitch line closer to the edges, it makes the work cleaner looking.  

Thank you for your time:bike: 

Make sure you keep your work piece flat on the table.  If you lift the outside edge, bottom stitch will move towards the edge.  I've learned the hard way!  I assume you are also using an edge guide to help follow the edge too.  If not, it helps most of the time.

Tom

a lot of it is the work dips as the feed dog drops on the cycles,  but i just cant get the hang of it. 

On 24/01/2018 at 5:51 AM, DarkGoku said:

a lot of it is the work dips as the feed dog drops on the cycles,  but i just cant get the hang of it. 

Check out this post I did awhile back, I think it will give you the answer. I had the same problem.