quiltedlumber

Removing Pencil Lines -Solution

Going through some old drafting tools and supplies and found an Alvin Dry Cleaning Pad (35 years old) that we used to keep our drawings clean and remove smudges. I tried it on some Veg Tan pencil lines and did a good job of removing the graphite with minor effort. Alvin still sells them and are relatively inexpensive .  If not familiar with them , they are a small soft cloth bag filled with gum eraser dust ( dust not chunks) that would be dusted on your drawing to keep it from smudging while using your t-square's etc. or use with the cloth bag as a gentle eraser. 

Reading current reviews online it appears many use them for cleaning many different items

Thought I would pass this on -Thanks

Thanks for the heads up.

those are handy. for detailed work or, I've found if you've marked your leather with pencil a 'kneaded eraser', works well. Also a 'rubber cement eraser' can come in handy. both are drafting tools, cheap at any art store.

Good advice! art is art. There are crossovers that people never realize till someone try's it out.

Edited by Mjolnir
add