CalanColeman

Side Quiver, first post!!

Hi all!

This is my first post to the site, and have really enjoyed all the great inspiration!

This is my third attempt at this style of quiver. It sure isn’t anything fancy, but it isn’t meant to be.  I was going more for functionality and an exercise in working on construction methods, it is amazing how much I have learned from each project I have made thus far.  

I know that there are more than a handful of exceedingly talented folks in here, so  any and all suggestions or ideas are more than welcome! 

Thanks in advance!

6625664C-4F99-43F0-A0AF-F0AC9BF2D55E.jpeg

209DF82C-2B34-4D30-9752-961837E9C6DD.jpeg

0258AB40-3EC4-4ADD-87D8-DE8A3FF1A2E1.jpeg

BFFCC8C3-F1D1-4881-9E4A-99AC151DBF0A.jpeg

That's looks pretty good. Nice touch with the utility bag on the side. It's a very good construction method project too. They look simple but lots of skill needed to get them just right.

I used paracord to stitch my side quiver. which I liked so much, I started using it for knife sheaths and other outdoor gear.

I shoot a Bear Patriot longbow. 52 lb at 28 in draw.

I can tell you put a lot of forethought into this, all the details are just so, and there is no waste. Well done!

Nicely done 

Nice work! Don’t let my hubby see, or I’ll have to make him one :lol: (we both shoot Hoyt compounds).  Welcome to the forum!

Welcome aboard. That is a nice looking piece.

Very nice!  I've been researching quivers to figure out my next one (I made a small pocket quiver last year but want to make a bigger one) and like this style.  I shoot a Cablea's Ranger (Sammick Sage) recurve, 45 lbs at 28".

Edited by Texson

I  shoot a 40 lb. draw weight laminated composite wood bow. It would be a 'broomstick' bow, except unlike medieval bows, it has an arrow rest. No sight, no gimmicks - I shoot bare bow. Oh, and left handed, too...

Curious to know what you keep in the utility bag!

Let me think - bowstring wax, spare bowstring, broken nocks and arrowheads which are still undamaged enough to be remounted, glue and thread for anchoring fletching that has come loose, maybe a small first aid kit and your finger tabs?  It's not big enough to store an arm guard, but that could go inside the quiver itself when you're not shooting.

Very nice piece of work!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Hey Calan,

Looks really good .  I like the way you did the bottom of the quiver . Also the gusset and deer horn on the pouch looks good .

Clyde

Thanks everybody for the kind words!  They are very much appreciated. 

For anybody that is interested, I used the side stalker by Jack Bowers as a template, and just expanded with some personal touches from his original design.

On 1/24/2018 at 7:49 PM, cac said:

Hey Calan,

Looks really good .  I like the way you did the bottom of the quiver . Also the gusset and deer horn on the pouch looks good .

Clyde

Just wanted to thank you again for all of your tutelage and patience. 

Sure wouldn’t be able to create anything like this without it. 

Calan