bruce johnson

Bruce Johnson Intro

My thanks go to Johanna for help in reorganizing the saddle and tack section. I think this will make this section easier to get around in and be a great resource. By way of introduction, Johanna has asked me to be moderater of this section. I am very happy with the great response we have had so far on this section. I want to personally thank everyone who has contributed. Also I would ask that you invite anyone you think might be interested to join us. We have a great mix already, everyone from users to first-time makers, part time makers, and respected full time makers. With that sort of braintrust and fresh questions, we can't help but all take something away.

We are unique in the saddle business among most other leatherworkers. There are a few fulltime purse makers, belt makers, or checkbook cover makers. There are many fulltime saddlemakers. There are people here who have done some apprenticeships most would die for, and some that are learning from a book or video and only ever expect to make one saddle. This brings different backgrounds, perspectives, and expectations. We have a fulltime treemaker on the list. Not many other groups can claim that. The opportunities to learn here are boundless, and active participation and inviting more in will get it done. Thanks to all

Correction: I didn't ask Bruce to oversee this area, I begged him. When he agreed, I did a happy dance.

Like Bruce, I'm interested in learning all I can. Lucky for us, Bruce knows waaaay more than I do about saddle and horse topics. Thank you, Bruce, for all your help!

If there is anything we can do to make the saddle & tack area more convenient or useful, please PM Bruce or me and give us your suggestions. Welcome to leatherworker.net, and please make yourselves comfortable. Please add your links to your profile and/or signature to help get more traffic to your site. Leatherworker.net is public, and the search engines love us. Remember that a post you make today could help someone, or some horse, down the line. Thanks for being here, and complain to ClayB about the doughnuts. He's always late with them, and half are gone when he gets here.

Johanna

Thanks for being here, and complain to ClayB about the doughnuts. He's always late with them, and half are gone when he gets here.

Johanna

Hey, I apologize about the doughnuts. It's 40 miles one way to the doughnut shop and sometimes I oversleep. The reason half of them are gone is because I just cant resist those little sprinkly things on the top. I been letting my dog have the ones I lick the sprinkles off, but hey, if you need a doughnut that bad and dont mind a little slobber, the dog can go back to Old Roy and you guys can fight over the rest of the doughnuts. :P

I'm glad you are all here sharing info and pictures and asking questions too. I never imagined this thing would grow this fast and it hasnt even been a year yet. I've learned a lot, and am looking forward to learning a lot more.

Maybe I can talk the wife into letting me get the doughnuts with the Honda, and I can stick them in the trunk for their own protection.

Lately, there seems like there's always an interesting thread going in the Saddles and Tack section, so congratulations, Bruce and Johanna, for reorganizing and expanding this area.

Best, -Alex

A huge thanks to Johanna for the new look Saddles and tack section. You have hit the nail on the head with the structure. Hats off to Bruce for being moderator. Keep up the fantastic work guys and Thanks for a great and informative site in general.

Barra.

Clay, the DOG has been licking the doughnuts? I was blaming the time difference, and you are feeding our breakfast to the dog?? You're fired. Anyone live near a Krispy Kreme? (Oh, how I miss them!)

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on the site changes. We are growing, and we are lucky to have dedicated people like Bruce who are willing to put the time and effort into making this site tick. The forum software allows us to tweak for clarity and convenience, so keep the suggestions and ideas for improvement coming! You folks are wonderful.

Johanna