thekid77

looking for a buckstitch / lacing awl

Hi friends,

I am looking for the old antique lacing awls (they are about 1/4" wide) for buck stitching.

Please message me or reply if you have any for sale....thank you!! :)

awl.png

I would suggest you contact Clay Miller, or Terry Knipshield.   I would be interested in one.  I have been hearing a lot of good things about Terry's knives.

On 1/28/2018 at 6:44 AM, Ken Nelson said:

I would suggest you contact Clay Miller, or Terry Knipshield.   I would be interested in one.  I have been hearing a lot of good things about Terry's knives.

Thanks for the reply Ken, but I thought Terry was a knifemaker exclusively? He makes awls as well?

Looks to me like a mini dagger (A type of knife).   I had Clay Miller build me an oversized diamond awl a few years ago.  He built it to my specs and did a good job on it but I ordered the handle too big.  My fault not Clay's.  It does a good job though  . I have a friend in Montana, Brett Bronson,  that builds several kinds of knives, you might contact him and see if he would like to take a run at it.  I might buy one! His phone # is 406-293-2032.  He does nice work and tell him I sent you.  HTH  Ken

Edited by Ken Nelson

Nash Anonymous makes phenomenal awls.  I purchased a 1.9mm euro flat awl from him.  I was so impressed that I placed another order for a longer one a week later.  

He offers both flat and diamond awl blades and had made a monster diamond awl for a saddle maker.  Prices are reasonable. 

Easiest way to contact him would be through Instagram. 

1A6674A3-0FD4-4431-85FC-35A6EB161AFC.jpeg

Edited by Webicons

On 1/31/2018 at 11:28 AM, Ken Nelson said:

Looks to me like a mini dagger (A type of knife).   I had Clay Miller build me an oversized diamond awl a few years ago.  He built it to my specs and did a good job on it but I ordered the handle too big.  My fault not Clay's.  It does a good job though  . I have a friend in Montana, Brett Bronson,  that builds several kinds of knives, you might contact him and see if he would like to take a run at it.  I might buy one! His phone # is 406-293-2032.  He does nice work and tell him I sent you.  HTH  Ken

Thank you so much for the info Ken! I will definitely follow up and see about that!!

On 1/31/2018 at 11:49 AM, Webicons said:

Nash Anonymous makes phenomenal awls.  I purchased a 1.9mm euro flat awl from him.  I was so impressed that I placed another order for a longer one a week later.  

He offers both flat and diamond awl blades and had made a monster diamond awl for a saddle maker.  Prices are reasonable. 

Easiest way to contact him would be through Instagram. 

1A6674A3-0FD4-4431-85FC-35A6EB161AFC.jpeg

Thank you Nash,  I will check it out!