BaroqueLeatherGal

Romel repair

Hi there,

I keep getting requests for rawhide romel repairs. Does anyone do that? Usually it's at the popper end where the leather piece attached thru,or at the rein connection. Id be super appreciative if anyone knows or does repairs like that. 

Thank you!

538850035.jpg

no one seems to post on this thread. I'm no cowboy but I've had an interest in braiding for a while. That is beyond repair. If it is a working braid, replace it, or you will weaken it.

Maybe not an impossible repair, but not worth the trouble, IMO.  Unless you are getting requests to repair very high-end collector rawhide, the cost of the repair will usually exceed the value of the item.  That's always the stickler:-) 

Thankfully these aren't my reins...what a bummer. Customers dog got to these, probably going to be even more mad now..yikes 

Thanks for the replies though. 

That is definitely repairable & not super hard. You either cut it off, braid a new loop, interweave it on & then a new cover button or you can do a quirt style cover on it. I just finished one for a customer but didn't take any pics  If you want to send it up to me I'd be happy to repair it for them for $30. Contact me on Facebook. Buck Harness.

45 minutes ago, bucksnort said:

That is definitely repairable & not super hard. You either cut it off, braid a new loop, interweave it on & then a new cover button or you can do a quirt style cover on it. I just finished one for a customer but didn't take any pics  If you want to send it up to me I'd be happy to repair it for them for $30. Contact me on Facebook. Buck Harness.

I don't have facebook. I can have my friend contact you directly via facebook. Thank you! 

Edited by BaroqueLeatherGal

Late reply I know. But it is definitely repairable.

as bucksnort said. Remove the button and make a new bend. Weave it in, put a new button on the weave in and there ya go.

Joel