stampingdelight

Good Places One Can Sell Leather Items For Sale

Not that I know of. Maybe try setting up a booth at a craft show.

Print up some business cards.  Hand them out to everyone.  Work through your friends and relatives to start with.  Good work spreads by word of mouth which is some of the best advertising.

Tom

Oh yeah, Facebook. Lots of people sell stuff on Facebook.

Big Cartel has several options for a shop, the lowest level is free.

https://www.bigcartel.com/pricing

On 1/29/2018 at 6:01 PM, thefanninator said:

Big Cartel has several options for a shop

Visited their website, but not entirely sure how this thing works.  Where are all the "shops?"  How do you buy something from a "big cartel" shop?  How are they advertising the shops to others?  I've never even heard of this.  The website seems like a good concept, but I seem to be missing the core of it...

YinTx

17 minutes ago, YinTx said:

Visited their website, but not entirely sure how this thing works.  Where are all the "shops?"  How do you buy something from a "big cartel" shop?  How are they advertising the shops to others?  I've never even heard of this.  The website seems like a good concept, but I seem to be missing the core of it...

YinTx

That's the trick, you can't really do a search for an item or browse for things and find a shop. It's more like having your own website. You have to market your shop yourself using your site's address. I used it for a while and posted my link to my facebook and instagram pages but it didn't get much traffic.

At one time there was a directory of sorts but I've read they shut that down.

Edited by thefanninator

Etsy

Amazon Handmade

Create your own Shopify/Woocommerce store

BigCartel

Patreon (package your own video courses and create a tiered monthly subscription model)

Gumroad (sell your own ebooks on how to leathercraft)

On 1/29/2018 at 4:38 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Oh yeah, Facebook. Lots of people sell stuff on Facebook.

do you sell on facebook ? I've tried and all I get is likes, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I would like to sell enough belts to be able to work from home

1 hour ago, utah leather said:

do you sell on facebook ? I've tried and all I get is likes, not sure what I'm doing wrong. I would like to sell enough belts to be able to work from home

I don't, but you may have to set your posts to public. I really haven't even investigated it yet.

I've had some success selling on Ebay. Items that fit a specific knife, axe etc that someone might be looking for. The only problem there is that you need to actually have the knife/axe in your possession to be able to make the item.

I think you will find that the people reading Facebook are looking for stories from other people, they are not looking to buy, there is the odd chance you may strike lucky with the odd one, but that's about all

Now if your showing on Google, Amazon, Ebay and your own site, the chances are far higher as people are looking to buy, maybe not your product but they are nearly all looking to buy

Price is a major item in selling online, but if you can explain the benefits of your item over others priced lower, you can still win, that's not slagging off the lower priced version, but explaining say, your leather comes from a 100+ year old tannery, took a year to tan and they also supplies leading quality  makes like Hermes or Tiffanys/Harrods, give them some story 

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 5:07 PM, chrisash said:

I think you will find that the people reading Facebook are looking for stories from other people,

I have bought and sold articles on Facebook in the marketplace section. There are some shysters on there, so you need to keep your wits about you. Good luck with your endeavours.