honkytinker

Adler 205, non walking foot?

Hoping someone can clear this up for me.  I've found an Adler 205 for sale for a reasonable price, $1500.  However, the seller claims that it is not a walking foot machine.  Is this possible or is the seller confused as to what his machine is doing?  I thought that the 205 was a compound feed without variation.  I can't look at the machine in person as it exists some 6000km away, or so.  Please advise, hivemind.

There are several subclasses of the Adler 205 design with different variations on the feed mechanism. They come in top+bottom+needle feed (compound/unison), top+bottom feed, bottom+needle feed, and some other variations.

The Adler 204/205 model brochure leaflets show the different Adler 205 models available at one time.

Here's a slightly hokey video that shows non-unison feed Adler 205 designs stitching some non-trivial seams:

Edited by Uwe

the Adler 205-64 is a needle feed only machine, still good, but not compound feed

The 205-64 is needle and bottom feed, and has the great advantage of being able to use a roller foot as well easily if required. For many bag makers this is often better than a walking foot machine as it will allow the feet into tighter spaces like the gussets and such.