Just finished this for a benefit as an auction item.

Edges, lacing holes and engraving were done on a 100 watt CO2 laser cutter.

Wine-Tote.jpg

Edges.jpg

Etching-and-Stitching.jpg

Edited by LatigoAmigo
rearranging images

Looks really good. I've always wanted to try the laser with leather, haven't got round to trying it yet (my husband has a laser engraver). What power settings did you use?

"So, No Ma" I wasn't drinking.

HA! Love it. I just met a client from my work that offered me really cheap laser services. 

That looks great.

A good friend has a laser. I have asked him to etch a design onto some vegtan, to save me tracing it. The 1st run (about 2" x 3") for a practice looks great. I can 'feel' a padfolio in my future.

IMG_0262.jpg

Looks good

5 hours ago, stormdevil said:

Looks really good. I've always wanted to try the laser with leather, haven't got round to trying it yet (my husband has a laser engraver). What power settings did you use?

Good question. To minimize smoke residue, I adjusted the settings as I cut the leather. I started with a pass using 50% power / speed 40 mm/s, then step it up to 75% and slow down the speed to 20 mm/s for the next three passes. Finally I turn the power up to 95% and slow down the speed to 10 mm/s in order to really finish the edges and make sure the cut is clean. The power settings, speed and number of passes is dependent on the leather that I'm cutting, and, surprisingly, that varies quite a bit, and not necessarily on the thickness.

Edited by LatigoAmigo