Hi all,
Here's a look at my first leather project in about 10 years, thought I'd share. I'm calling this a prototype due to it being pretty rough around the edges. :) 

007Flap.jpg

006Front.jpg

005Stitching.jpg

004Punching.jpg

003Antique.jpg

002CutAndTool.jpg

001Sketch.jpg

That's pretty cool. I've never seen anything like it. I like the inlay work. Welcome back to the leather world. 

Thanks, I'm planning on sticking around this time. I going to try to focus on lower volume complex projects. 

That is a cool concept.

I like the concept! A nice design, and good styling details. It must have been frustrating coming back after 10 years, thinking to yourself, " Self, I used to know how to do this!"

So, do you participate in the dragon boat races in Thornton?, or the north Denver area? I think it's Thornton, hard to tell down there. Anything south of Loveland is Denver to me!

Edited by alpha2

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

So, do you participate in the dragon boat races in Thornton?, or the north Denver area? I think it's Thornton, hard to tell down there. Anything south of Loveland is Denver to me!

Haha. I HATE that they call Colorado Springs "Southern Colorado " or even worse SoCo. The north side of the Springs is MM 149, I-25 is 300 miles north to south. Id call it CENTRAL Colorado. Lol. 

Very Cool!  Awesome design to it too

Love the concept, only comment I would say is that the stitching should follow the curve at the corners rather than be a straight line 

5 hours ago, HaloJones said:

Love the concept, only comment I would say is that the stitching should follow the curve at the corners rather than be a straight line 

I totally agree, but I am sure this is something the OP will pick up as he regains his previous abilities.

Great looking job for a "1st-in-10-years" effort.

2 hours ago, Rockoboy said:

I totally agree, but I am sure this is something the OP will pick up as he regains his previous abilities.

Great looking job for a "1st-in-10-years" effort.

Thanks, I agree 100%. I had misplaced my single hole punch so I was stuck with a 3 prong as my smallest for this project. The stitching is off in a few other places as well.

17 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

That is a cool concept.

10 hours ago, Deryk said:

Very Cool!  Awesome design to it too

16 hours ago, Dun said:

wow the layering is complex. well done!

21 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

That's pretty cool. I've never seen anything like it. I like the inlay work. Welcome back to the leather world. 

17 hours ago, DJole said:

I like the concept! A nice design, and good styling details. It must have been frustrating coming back after 10 years, thinking to yourself, " Self, I used to know how to do this!"

Thank you

17 hours ago, alpha2 said:

I wasn't aware that they existed, but thanks for the heads up. 

15 hours ago, Mattsbagger said:

Haha. I HATE that they call Colorado Springs "Southern Colorado " or even worse SoCo. The north side of the Springs is MM 149, I-25 is 300 miles north to south. Id call it CENTRAL Colorado. Lol. 

It's all relative, I used to think Pueblo was south.