Hi all, New here this is my first post. I'm no expert at leather I just make a few simple wallets amongst other stuff. I also run a YouTube channel so I hope it's okay to post this here!

Slim + Simple Leather Wallet

Above is link to the YouTube video.

Thanks! Edward

InstructablesThumb.jpg

YouTubeThumb.jpg

Yep it's fine to post your videos. Might want to work on getting your stitch line straighter. I prefer wing divider to mark the stitch line. Looks like a soft-ish leather which can make it hard sometimes. You can get a better burnish if you wet the edge after sanding it. Also get a poly or dead blow to hit your chisels. You are going to mash them or chip them. Steel on steel not good.

Edited by Mattsbagger
Add to comment

That is a nice little simple wallet. Good job.

For being so thin it looks heavy, about 20 pounds... Hehe..

Ok ok, enough with the bad jokes, I think it's a neat concept. Looks good, I agree about the stitching. That takes practice and will come with time.

@Mattsbagger Yes stitching is not great! wing divider, I will have a look into them! I definitely need to get some better leatherworking tools, I just bought the cheapest ones I could find to get started. Thanks for the feedback :)

@bikermutt07 Thanks brother. 

@Stetson912 Aha, I never carry notes, so I had to get especially to get that note. Everywhere I go is contactless or Apple Pay! Thanks, and yes I need to work on stitching.

I like the chocolate, it has alot of character.  It looks really good.  I wont beat you up over the stitching, I have only stitched 2 items but I watched every you tube video and read every article I could find before I stitched my first stitch.  I watched Nigel Armitage,s saddle stitch and improved? Saddle stitch videos while stitching.  You can pick up a cheap set of wing dividers for a couple $ dollars on Amazon.  Or go to a store where you can get school/art/drafting supplies.  Keep it up, the yardest thing we did was start making.

Mark already pointed out about the saddle stitching so I won't say any more on that.

With your card slots, instead of punching holes at each end and joining them with a single cut, cut from both sides of the hole so  you end up with a bigger spot to slide the cards in and out, will make it easier to get them in and out. You can also burnish them that way if using veg tanned leather.

I like the design!