Sheilajeanne

Posts Being Moderated

Hi, when I went to post earlier this afternoon, I was told my post needed moderator approval. That was a shock: I have been a member here for several years, and have never done anything to tick anyone off (that I'm aware of!) As a matter of fact, my most recent post was saying what a GREAT resource this place was to people who are new to the craft.

What's going on? A spam attack? ('Twern't me, that's for sure!)

Edited by Sheilajeanne

People replying to services needed always have that. It's not you.

What Mutt said, it's not what it sounds like. You're fine. Shocked the heck out of me the first time I saw it!

(Now, that SheilaJeanne, though, she bears watching!!!)

Come to think of it...that Bikermutt is kinda shady, too. Heck, I can't believe I'M still on here!

Jeff

Edited by alpha2

If you're referring to the thread about the draw gauges, he posted it in the "help wanted" section. That is for (I guess) business level members. People requesting services post there to find a contractor.

You may need to be an advertiser or a certain $ contributor to have the freedoms there.

So THAT'S what triggered it! I've been scratching my head, trying to figure it out!

Thanks, Bikermutt!

Edited to add: and I'm no longer being moderated! This post showed up right away! :D

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Help wanted is like the classified ads in the newspaper.  It is open to members and none members.  Therefore all posts made there need to be approved by a moderator/staff.  Even members replies have to be approved.

It does help to control spam though it hasn't been a big problem.  It is easy for anyone to become a member and start spamming.  However it doesn't take long for it to be reported or noticed, and the offending account gets a warning and if it continues, gets shutdown.

Thanks to all who contribute to this site.  It helps so many people and gives us all many new ideas to help us along in our hobbies and businesses.

Tom