google

your question is extremely precise - like need a tire for Ford car where to start?

I would check with a Juki dealer like Keystone Sewing or other sewing machine dealers you probably have local and tell em how thick your binding tape is, what material the binding tape is and how thick your material is you want to bind.

BTW - lots of info on google ;)

https://www.google.de/search?q=Binder+Juki+1508&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=-GJ1WviAMumA8Qes2qCQAg

Or Dogpile.com if you want:

http://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web?fcoid=417&fcop=topnav&fpid=27&om_nextpage=True&q=Binder+Juki+1508&ql=

Edited by Constabulary

Decades ago I had a sewing job on a Juki LU-563 and needed a binder to lay double folded bias tape along the edges of the work. We settled on a custom made double folder, costing $450, and 1 1/4" wide spools of bias tape. A special contraption was built to hold the roll of tape in the best position to feed to right angle folder. Special presser feet were used with the folder. Something similar could be made for the newer Juki DNU-1508. Check with Atlanta Attachment Company.

I've had excellent results using Tennessee Attachment. Terrific work in a very timely manner. Prices in line with the going rate. And, this was a big thing with me, they stand behind their work. I had a problem with one of the binders they made for me, I sent it back and it was corrected no questions asked. 

My first google: 

binder attachment 1-1/4” tape

results;

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&source=hp&ei=Six2WuSrHsWc5gKUtI6gBg&q=binder+attachment+1-1%2F4”+tape&oq=binder+attachment+1-1%2F4”+tape&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.3..33i160k1.7423.26179.0.30398.30.30.0.3.3.0.1000.7521.0j17j6j2j1j2j0j1.30.0....0...1.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..1.27.6297.3..0j41j0i131k1j0i22i30k1j33i22i29i30k1.317.VmMipPSYrpM

We should really understand, a profesional company, as the ones mentioned and doing custom binder manufacturing are unnatched for 24/7 machine use. Thats just something we all have to weigh for our usage. Sometimes I can work fine with a certain level and price of products, and sometimes I find it not my best choice. Live and keep learning!

Good day

Floyd

Edited by brmax

On 2/2/2018 at 11:14 PM, Constabulary said:

Or Dogpile.com if you want:

:lol:

On 2/2/2018 at 6:03 PM, Rustic said:

1 1/4 binder for Juki 1508, where to start...

Well... let's start by asking if a 1508 is the best machine to do the binding you're planning to do. Also, describe the binding you're planning to do. Also, describe the 1-1/4 binding material, the thread, the type of material it will be attached to, the thickness, etc etc.

The 1508 might be the best thing ever for this application, or it might be a nightmare. Information will help to determine the outcome - until then your solution remains in a quantum state.

4 hours ago, R8R said:

Well... let's start by asking if a 1508 is the best machine to do the binding you're planning to do. Also, describe the binding you're planning to do. Also, describe the 1-1/4 binding material, the thread, the type of material it will be attached to, the thickness, etc etc.

The 1508 might be the best thing ever for this application, or it might be a nightmare. Information will help to determine the outcome - until then your solution remains in a quantum state.

I am thinking a 1 1/4 one finished edge, with 92 poly thread, upholstery leather, Vinyl etc.

This sounds like a custom folder for sure.  If the top we would say needs folded into itself, being doubled, well the thickness is more and all this prior to a stitch this requires a custom part. 

Typicaly what one finds on the net for sale is either a plain edge folder or one setup thicker for “pre folded” both sides tape/textile material. 

So in this project a binder/folder with each ability and or actually “making” the just the top fold is no doubt requiring a custom setup. Imho.  So Its a good time to consider how many yards will be needed to stitch these projects.

If any pre-made material can be found it could possibly be an advantage. As if one side was glued I suppose. A person may try running this product through a setup they have on hand, its all experimenting. This could get expensive, so sometimes the best choice is go pro

good day

Floyd

ps: I think the part itself is the trick not the machine at this stage. 

Edited by brmax

I would recommend a double fold binder attachment. Use a swing-away inline model for straight runs and outside curves, or a right angle binder with special presser feet for inside curves.

Thats good to hear. 

Whats the chance to see it and or a place to obtain one. 

Thanks

Floyd