superpacker

Edge Creasing Corners

I have a Tandy edge creaser and thanks to help from forum members - I’ve got it making nice clean creases - on straight edges. My difficulty is when it comes to going around corners, can’t seem to get a nice clean tight crease. While I’m still new (somit very well could be the user) I am wondering if this tool wasn’t intended to go around outside corners. Any tips? Or is a different tool needed? A wing divider maybe?

I use an edge creaser up to the corner from both sides, then finish the corner by hand with the ball end of a small modeling tool, lightly mark the corner with it and then "burnish" it with the tool. A little practice and they will look like a continuous groove.

Hope that helps,

Chief

To go round corners the easiest way is to re-angle the crease and continue round the corner using the front tip of the creaser, not tried it with a Tandy one but works well with a Dixons screw crease. With practice can be done in one movement not lifting off the leather, this saves time and keeps the crease neat.