updn

Tiger Ritza 25 yarn -what is the equivalent machine yarn thickness

Hi

I am luckily enough to buy a cobra 4 leather sewing machine, and I want to imitate my hand sewing with my ritza 25 waxed yarn, I use 0,8 or 1 mm. Is it Polester TEX 207 or 277, and which needles do I use. Can I use these needles size #24 or #25

Leathermachineco.com

I found lots of info about yarns on this site but no comparison to tiger ritza hand waxed yarn

Edited by updn

1 hour ago, updn said:

Hi

I am luckily enough to buy a cobra 4 leather sewing machine, and I want to imitate my hand sewing with my ritza 25 waxed yarn, I use 0,8 or 1 mm. Is it Polester TEX 207 or 277, and which needles do I use. Can I use these needles size #24 or #25

Take a look at this chart.  Needle and thread sizes, thread thickness.  http://www.tolindsewmach.com/thread-chart.html

Tom

Hi Northmount....that was just what I was looking for....will try out 207 277 and 346 yarn with 23 25 and 26 needles respectively and a round point for a slanted look..DC767D45-CB59-424E-980F-8AEACDCB21D3.thumb.png.0cc1572f072a09a4fd5dd5874b8e209f.png

33 minutes ago, updn said:

Hi Northmount....that was just what I was looking for....will try out 207 277 and 346 yarn with 23 25 and 26 needles respectively and a round point for a slanted look..

P, S or SD are better for leather.  Conical point R blows out the back of the leather instead of cutting a slit. 

Tom

Are those the P needles sold on Steve’s cobra site...

Nw Point needles leathermachineco.com