filipblaauw

First time using edge paint from Giardini

40 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

you might already know

I may...;)

40 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

I checked your insta in your signature link and looks to me like you you got it pretty well sorted already. Nice paint work too BTW.

Thank you very much!

10 minutes ago, robs456 said:

I may...;)

Thank you very much!

Your welcome.Note: you have another new follower there too

6 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Your welcome.Note: you have another new follower there too

I saw that. Thanks. Wild Harry has a new follower too.
You do production runs/work right? Do you sell via your own channels only or do you do wholesale? Or a mix?

Sorry for OT guys, just got interested as he/they(?) do nice stuff.

9 minutes ago, robs456 said:

I saw that. Thanks. Wild Harry has a new follower too.
You do production runs/work right? Do you sell via your own channels only or do you do wholesale? Or a mix?

Thank you back. We sell a little on line but 95% is crocodile manufacturing for a few brands and most of the crocodile farms in Australia for their tourist markets. We may try a little crocodile product for our own web site maybe later this year. A lot of the product on our site is the leather versions of what we make for those clients. Good practice stuff at the start of the runs sort of.;)

2 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

A lot of the product on our site is the leather versions of what we make for those clients. Good practice stuff at the start of the runs sort of.

Smart. Thanks for the info. 

On 2/4/2018 at 8:45 PM, filipblaauw said:

I just got some edge paint from Giardini (Italy). Until now I have used Fiebings Egde coat, but I never seemed to get any good results with it. Here's my first items using the Semi Dense tan color. Two coats, each of them sanded. Then a coat of protecting gloss. All is sealed together with a final coat of buffed beeswax.

The edge feels a lot smoother than anything I have achieved before, but I still feel there's a way to go to get it even and without bubbles/cracks.

Interested in hearing other tips about egde finishing. I do like a burnished egde, but the painted does look appealing to me as well. Happy to hear your inputs!

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0918.JPG

photo 5.JPG

hi i wanted to ask, when you making more coats, are you making it like with 2 coats of colour and sand it in between ?
cheers tia