10 hours ago, Dun said:

It wouldn't have to be anywhere as big as these but this was what first came to mind

From https://www.instagram.com/p/BNtE2fcj5iP/

5a7b3b9d69b5b_2018-02-0709_44_44.thumb.png.b29f530a9ddc06a70868e74ad7f4f177.png5a7b3badcfc33_2018-02-0709_45_13.thumb.png.213c71d8f189a8f0ca903e69fbac2bd7.png

10 hours ago, CaptQuirk said:

Instead of leaving the toe open, close all but a small pencil sized hole near the muzzle. This keeps most stuff from going in, but allows the other stuff to fall out.

I like both of these ideas, thanks you two.

This is a small example, of a semi closed toe. Normally the hole is just a little larger.

closed_toe.gif

On 2/8/2018 at 6:25 AM, CaptQuirk said:

This is a small example, of a semi closed toe. Normally the hole is just a little larger.

closed_toe.gif

ok, I'll have to give that a try on the next one. 

and I don't know how I missed or first comment, but I think you're gonna be right about the belt loop, a friend of mine said the same thing.

Here's one I made about 30 years ago for a Colt Pocket Navy. Very similar except for the toe. It's been around the block a few times, it was my carry holster when I worked on the property.

.WIN_20180225_13_17_55_Pro.jpg.b21d085d4aaa0dba369047acba813fa5.jpg

Edited by Lizardo

14 hours ago, Startella said:

This is great looking!!! I was just wondering if you have a pattern for it or did you have one similar to eyeball?

its in the percussion pistol pattern pack I think tandy still has it in their library. Its a civil war era holster

Nice  work. No end of possible changes to anything you do. Mabe that's why I have 3 pistols and 15 holsters!

Really like the rough out. Josey  Wales would be proud. 

Edited by 327fed