I live in the Coeur d'Alene/Post Falls area of Northern Idaho, roughly 30 miles east of Spokane, Washington. 

I'm trying to find someone in my neck of the woods that knows industrial machines and more importantly how to repair and tune them.  I bought a Juki 562 a year or so ago, spent a bunch of time and effort replacing worn/missing parts, built a new table and purchased a new servo motor, but I've never gotten the machine sewing quite right.  Now its been gathering dust for the last six months, but I'd really like to put it to use.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to find someone (hopefully reasonably local) that can get this machine working right?  I really don't want to pay a home sewing machine repair guy to "try" to repair something outside their expertise but right now the machine is doing me absolutely no good ...

I did make a nice dust cover for it the other day with my cheapo home machine!  LOL :lol:

Good grief, all I really want to use it for is some heavy duty sewing from time to time (i.e., kids creative projects, hay tarps, rv cover, pleather accessories, etc). :unsure:

if email is easier for you, my direct email is chris@firestarranch.com

2016-10-26 18.50.11.jpg

juki 563.jpg

Edited by Firestar1485
added contact info

If you don't get any recommendations for an industrial sewing machine repairer in your neck of the woods, and you have a hankerin' to try to fix it yourself, take this topic over to our Leather Sewing Machines forum and start a new topic. We have lots of experienced members and several dealers who frequent that part of LWN.

Don't pursue a hands-on repair in this forum. Every reply will need to be approved by a moderator before it goes live and it can become frustrating.

I want to second wizcrafts recommendation.   I have posted over in the sewing machine forum and have gotten great help from great folks.  Like Wiz ,Uwe and many others.    To the point where I was pointed at the problem and then solutions  Including videos of the right way to adjust things.   I cant thank those folks enough for their knowledge and time.  I live about 2 hours from anyone who works on the larger commercial leather machines so it was a great help to me....hope you find the solutions...nice table btw!

Ross

Have you talked to Bob at the Hickman Saddle shop in Post Falls?  He may know of someone who can help you.  Another one to ask is Dick's Upholstery in Hayden.  Not sure what they use for machines, but they may know of a good repair tech.

Thank you.  I have received lots of advice and direction on this forum, I have the manuals (military version), all the parts lists and diagrams, etc., but the issues I'm having appear to be beyond my abilities.  I think there is a repair shop over in Spokane, but haven't been able to get a hold of them yet. Fingers crossed .. .if no luck, I am going to sell my machine at a loss and buy another one that is working properly from the start.

Update ... My machine spent 6 months at the only mechanic that works on industrial machines I could find within a couple of hour drive from me.  Nice guys, but they are crazy booked up and when they finally got to my machine they had a hard time finding parts.  I got it back about a week ago, brought it home and guess what?  It does work a little better, but I'm still having many of the same issues I was having before.  Good grief this is frustrating. 

2 hours ago, Firestar1485 said:

Update ... My machine spent 6 months at the only mechanic that works on industrial machines I could find within a couple of hour drive from me.  Nice guys, but they are crazy booked up and when they finally got to my machine they had a hard time finding parts.  I got it back about a week ago, brought it home and guess what?  It does work a little better, but I'm still having many of the same issues I was having before.  Good grief this is frustrating. 

Take Wiz's advice he gave some time ago.  Start a new thread with your specific machine and problems.  Take photos of the problems you are seeing with the stitching and any part of the machine that is causing you issues.  Post the photos.  Take video and post on YouTube and link to it.  There are several people who will be quite willing to help you.

Tom