I finally bought a sewing machine, a Juki 1541s after months of deciding witch one to buy.  I was going to buy one from one of the banner ads but didn't want to pay shipping.  I found out I live 30min away from Keystone sewing and could pick one up .  After a couple emails and a few phone calls to @Gregg From Keystone Sewing  helped me pick out a machine that would suit my needs.  The level of customer service that this company provides is just not found anymore,  Gregg spent over 2 whole hours going over the entire machine with me.  I actually felt bad for taking so much of his time up, but he insisted that I was comfortable before I left.  When I first got there and walked threw the old wooden doors I was nicely greeted by his mother running the front desk. There shop has an old style vibe with the solid wood floors, the place probably hasn't changed much since the day it opened except all the new machines lining both sides of the store.  I told Gregg it reminded me of one of the machine shops I used to work in that had the pulley system on the ceiling.  He then asked me if I wanted a tour of the place and his machine shop, of course I did I love this kind of stuff.  I wanted some left and right single toe presser feet that were smooth on the bottom, he was actually out of stock so he took some double toe ones and made me some while I was there.  I was also interested in a binding attachment so he went over different setups with me for binding attachments. 

I could go on and on about my whole day there but don't want to bore everyone with the details.  Thanks to this forum I found a place I can get great customer service at, I am sure the banner companies provide the same since there always here to help anyone.  I am just happy Keystone Sewing is in my own backyard, my next purchase I will be buying a bell skiver from Keystone Sewing and a cylinder machine.  Thank you again @Gregg From Keystone Sewing for all your help next Philadelphia Eagles Parade I owe you a beer,  hopefully next year. I also practiced sewing with 92 thread and 138 and had no problems at all, was a little nervous on my own but nothing time won't fix.

20180209_203952_resized_1.thumb.jpg.1559c3d44008bd76b9f4106d04c0434f.jpg

Nice!

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure this machine will out last you.

Ditto on Gregg and his mother at Keystone from another, albeit remote, customer.

Thanks I love this machine already just have to rearrange my work area now thank god it has casters so I can move it where ever I need it.  I was shocked how heavy the head was it weighs a ton.

Hey there and a Big Congrats on the new Juki

I agree always a pleasure dealing with Keystone.  They have been a great help, also supporting questions here on the site as well. Appreciated 

The casters I swear by, and cannot imagine being without. I decided to have them on everything, for sure these are some good choices you made. 

Enjoy the machine and have a good day

Floyd

NICE.

Casters are essential in any shop, especially if you like to keep things clean.

2 hours ago, R8R said:

NICE.

Casters are essential in any shop, especially if you like to keep things clean.

I wasn't going to get them at first but since I was spending a ton of money whats a couple dollars more. I am just glad the resell value of these machines is good, I don't plan on selling it but maybe future upgrades.

On February 9, 2018 at 11:54 PM, AdamPCain said:

I finally bought a sewing machine, a Juki 1541s after months of deciding witch one to buy.  I was going to buy one from one of the banner ads but didn't want to pay shipping.  I found out I live 30min away from Keystone sewing and could pick one up .  After a couple emails and a few phone calls to @Gregg From Keystone Sewing  helped me pick out a machine that would suit my needs.  The level of customer service that this company provides is just not found anymore,  Gregg spent over 2 whole hours going over the entire machine with me.  I actually felt bad for taking so much of his time up, but he insisted that I was comfortable before I left.  When I first got there and walked threw the old wooden doors I was nicely greeted by his mother running the front desk. There shop has an old style vibe with the solid wood floors, the place probably hasn't changed much since the day it opened except all the new machines lining both sides of the store.  I told Gregg it reminded me of one of the machine shops I used to work in that had the pulley system on the ceiling.  He then asked me if I wanted a tour of the place and his machine shop, of course I did I love this kind of stuff.  I wanted some left and right single toe presser feet that were smooth on the bottom, he was actually out of stock so he took some double toe ones and made me some while I was there.  I was also interested in a binding attachment so he went over different setups with me for binding attachments. 

I could go on and on about my whole day there but don't want to bore everyone with the details.  Thanks to this forum I found a place I can get great customer service at, I am sure the banner companies provide the same since there always here to help anyone.  I am just happy Keystone Sewing is in my own backyard, my next purchase I will be buying a bell skiver from Keystone Sewing and a cylinder machine.  Thank you again @Gregg From Keystone Sewing for all your help next Philadelphia Eagles Parade I owe you a beer,  hopefully next year. I also practiced sewing with 92 thread and 138 and had no problems at all, was a little nervous on my own but nothing time won't fix.

20180209_203952_resized_1.thumb.jpg.1559c3d44008bd76b9f4106d04c0434f.jpg

Yes they are very good . I bought two machines from them. I have a juki lu-1508n  an a singer cylinder . The singer was used ,they had a lot of them at that time. For $1,000.  They were sorry for the delay due to the pope was in town and no shipping was going out. They offer to compensate me , I said no,  There kindness was all I need. I could have bought one here in town Texas , But after taking to them I was sold. 

1 hour ago, Old Coach Saddlery said:

Great machine. I luv mine. Congrats

Any tips would be welcomed 

I imagine they realize you are buying a new item that might cost more than your car.  Good customer service people are mindful of that and respond accordingly.  I know I was excited when I got my Cowboy and a lot of others on here will relate.  Congratulations, and let us know where to send the shower gifts!

30 minutes ago, Brooks125 said:

I imagine they realize you are buying a new item that might cost more than your car.  Good customer service people are mindful of that and respond accordingly.  I know I was excited when I got my Cowboy and a lot of others on here will relate.  Congratulations, and let us know where to send the shower gifts!

I was originally going to buy a Cowboy but no local dealers, but I have emailed them and they are very responsive to any questions.

5 hours ago, Joseph1836 said:

Yes they are very good . I bought two machines from them. I have a juki lu-1508n  an a singer cylinder . The singer was used ,they had a lot of them at that time. For $1,000.  They were sorry for the delay due to the pope was in town and no shipping was going out. They offer to compensate me , I said no,  There kindness was all I need. I could have bought one here in town Texas , But after taking to them I was sold. 

That's funny I was looking at the used singer cylinder machine around the time the Pope was in town.  I was going to pick it up the day before but wasn't going near the city with the Eagles parade.

Thanks for the very kind comments and for mentioning my Mom.  It's always a two way street, and Adam was a pleasure to deal with as well.  I'll pass the good word on to her.  She's been doing this stuff since the 70's and has always been a big part of what we do here.  Thanks again to the leatherworker.net community.  

23 hours ago, AdamPCain said:

I wasn't going to get them at first but since I was spending a ton of money whats a couple dollars more. I am just glad the resell value of these machines is good, I don't plan on selling it but maybe future upgrades.

I used to be the facility manager at a screen printing shop. My #1 rule was always to put casters on everything that could accept them. Only the largest equipment that needed to be anchored to the floor did not have wheels. (presses, conveyor dryers, air compressor systems, etc). Everything else was roll-able, and everywhere could be vacuumed! It also makes the shop modular and much easier to relocate or upgrade equipment, or quickly make space for temporary projects.