Ok so I spent way too long hand sewing this thing, mostly due to the straps.  I'm pretty happy with how it came out though!  

The leather is a really soft strong navy blue, and the interior is cotton. I'm rather pleased with how well I lined up the pockets, I used up just about all of the fabric I had in this pattern for it.  

02_11_18_12_46_01_IMG_20180209_155902.jpg

That's alot of hand stitching... I love the little pocket on the inside.

Really nice job.

6 hours ago, cseeger said:

That is frickin cool Grey.  And Good Lord, how many stitches per inch did you torture yourself with?  Looks like 20   :)

Hah more like 12. Thin thread though so it looks fine than it actually is.

4 hours ago, DV8DUG said:

That's alot of hand stitching... I love the little pocket on the inside.

There's actually 3!  The two are made of a bit of fabric that lines up perfectly with the background.  :)

3 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Really nice job.

Thanks!

Thats a Great Job Grey! I was in store the other day and saw a yellow one of those bags, not as nice as yours at all. The price on the bag was over 1000.00

On 2/11/2018 at 5:55 PM, Grey Drakkon said:

There's actually 3!  The two are made of a bit of fabric that lines up perfectly with the background.  :)

Sneaky... I missed the other pockets...

Very nice!

It seems very  simple in appearance, but I can't see how you put it together.

Would you care to share your  build method?

thanks

Joel

Wow!  That's lovely.  With all the detail, I'm guessing you put in quite a few hours there.

Edited by JMixx

On 2/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, kiwican said:

Thats a Great Job Grey! I was in store the other day and saw a yellow one of those bags, not as nice as yours at all. The price on the bag was over 1000.00

Thanks!  If only I could sell it for the same amount!  

On 2/13/2018 at 5:57 PM, GrampaJoel said:

Very nice!

It seems very  simple in appearance, but I can't see how you put it together.

Would you care to share your  build method?

thanks

Joel

Actually I nabbed it from a pdf on these forums!  The pattern was NOT intuitive for me at all, at one point I was baffled how it would actually end up working, but I just kept doing what it told me to do and it hit that click point where you go "Oooooh THAT'S how that works."  I did modify the pattern to make a shoulder strap instead of a wrist strap though.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:25 PM, JMixx said:

Wow!  That's lovely.  With all the detail, I'm guessing you put in quite a few hours there.

Far too many, but some of that was fumbling around because it's the first time I made it.  

On 2/15/2018 at 1:02 PM, Grey Drakkon said:

Thanks!  If only I could sell it for the same amount!  

Actually I nabbed it from a pdf on these forums!  The pattern was NOT intuitive for me at all, at one point I was baffled how it would actually end up working, but I just kept doing what it told me to do and it hit that click point where you go "Oooooh THAT'S how that works."  I did modify the pattern to make a shoulder strap instead of a wrist strap though.

Far too many, but some of that was fumbling around because it's the first time I made it.  

Thank you.

Joel